1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Mitt. 55,000 Americans Want You To STFU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Quote of the year, so far, from the Boston Globe's Romney series:

"I was supportive of my country. I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there and in some ways it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam."

I think I can speak for many of the class when I say, fuck you, you smug, lying swine. Where are any of the Five Handsome Sons these days?
    This quote should kill his campaign, but it won't.

2. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

What was he doing, missionary work? (Honest question, I don't know.)

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This guy is the definition of pandering. This guy would order dinner, then survey Republicans to see what they want for dinner, and then change his order to match their's.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

STFU, you 60s liberal a) leftover or b) spawn, depending on your age.

5. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

He received a deferment for the duration of his Mormon mission (2+ years) and then drew a high draft lottery number when he returned.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not quite as many as Cheney, who received at least five deferments.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I beleive OBERFUHER Dick Cheney is the leader in the club house with 5 draft deferements.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Dear Fenian,

We don't know, nor do we care who Mitt Romney is. All we want is the head of John Kerry. That is from the Swiftboat boys.

Sincerely yours,

The 55,000 Americans who didn't come home alive from Vietnam.

P.S. - We wish all you of political junkies and panderers would STFU and just support us as people, not a wedge tool.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Once again, the board is cowed by Yawn's biting, erudite analysis.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I liked Romney when he ran against Kennedy in 1994. Then I realized he was a fraud all along and all his "liberal" viewpoints were merely to get elected.

Thank goodness he never got elected to the Senate.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

He's utterly worthless. I say that as a human being, not a liberal.

12. Look it up. The only people who moved on any of the Vietnam issues -- from Agent Orange to PTSD -- were the remnants of the antiwar movement. That was dealing with Vietnam vets as people.
    And I think Mitt's the first one to say that he didn;t go to Vietnam but that he wished he had. Even Cheney's not that much of a swine.

Draft saved Draft deleted