1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Mik311gd Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Mike,

I don't usually get involved in your reindeer games about SBTB because there is no way I can compete. But I was Watching Attack of the Show on G4 last night and they showed this:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1810752

Just thought I would try and add to the vast Mikey knowledge base.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh god yes, he knows about Miss Bliss. I believe that was one of the few posts I made in his long conversations about SBTB. I don't remember any of the names of the kids who were gone off that show, but the girl with the mob of hair always annoyed me.

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Well, never mind then. See, this is why I can't compete. :)

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

It's a major upset this thread has been going for almost two hours and mikey has yet to check in.

I hope the kid's OK.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Can't a guy get a solid five hours of sleep between posts?

Mr. Legume: I loved Good Morning, Miss Bliss; the theme, too. Carrie Bliss was an excellent character, as was Miss Paladrino and Milo -- T.K. Carter is awesome. Have you ever seen him in Punky Brewster. Carter played Mike, the head counselor at Fenster Hall, the orphanage where Punky is sent while Henry had his heart attack. He was a fun-loving guy, but was very strict. He was the kids' friend, but he toed that line very lightly.

But I digress. Rumple posted the link a couple days ago, and I think -- but I'm not sure; it's tough to keep track now -- I posted it a while ago. (IJAG probably knows better than I do.) Poor Mikey (Max Battimo; I didn't even have to look that up) and Nikki (Heather Hopper; had to on that one). Those poor kids got the ax and never quite recovered. Battimo's an East Coast Hockey League ref now. I liked those characters; Mikey was a good second fiddle, and Nikki had a heck of a curve ball. Unfortunately for them, Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley were much better characters and fits for the parts. Kelly Kapowski was a bonus.

Anyway, thanks for the shout, Dick. I'm always anxious to learn about my favorite shows.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Holy shit, that is a god-awful intro.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It was way too long and barely featured anyone but Miss Bliss. I wouldn't doubt that the intro was part of the reason that show didn't last too long.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wait ... you SLEEP?

I thought you just posted here and watched Saved By The Bell and Scrubs marathons all day. ;)

9. imjustagirl

HAHAHA IT'S MYLO!

And I did see him on Punky Brewster. That's the next show I'm getting on DVD.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I sleep a couple hours, though I fall into slumber during Scrubs episodes. And I wake up to the theme from Saved By The Bell. So, I'm surrounded by goodness every day. Oh, that didn't sound weird at all.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, I'll be Mr. Belding's illegitimate love child, it is Mylo. All these years I've been doing T.K. a disgrace. For shame.

I bought the first season of Punky for my friend, and we watched it in a day. We played the intro dozens of times in a row just for the big bass drop. We're cool.

12. imjustagirl

Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted