1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Keith What Do You Think Of Tom Coughlin Now ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 21, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He should have prayed with Tynes, right there on the sidelines, like St. Tony of Dungy.

Parcells would have cut him after the first miss and never kicked again

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Jimmy Johnson would have had him on the "asthma field" and if necessary, Manning would have tried to 48-yarder to win it.

But Coughlin has to be getting his today. That man had an onslaught of facial frostbite yesterday.

3. I'm glad someone else noticed. He looked like the Neanderthal guy they dug out of the glacier.
    And, for example, I've never seen Belichick do anything like that at a crucial moment like that. He might act like he's never met the kicker before, but publicly chewing a player out in plain sight? Nope.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Sometimes, these guys forget there's cameras around. Sometimes, their world shrinks to turf range.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No one has ever seen Parcells when Ali Haji Shank pouched one?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

leave it to fenian - coughlin is on his way to The Super Bowl and you are picking at how he looked in 3 degree tempetures.

Be better fenian.

7. Post another old quote, why don't you?
    I wasn't talking to you.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Has Couglin been a dick to you or did you read it on Wikipedia?

9. Boom_70

George Bush told him

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Look, a field-goal kicker has one fucking job. And when the guy duck-hooks two in the last six minutes, believe me, he got better treatement from Coughlin than he would have if Green Bay had won and the kid had walked into any sports bar in Jersey.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Coughlin wasn't the worst person in the NFL in week 1. Olberman was.

12. Boom_70

and he ended up kicking the winner so whatever Couglin said must have worked. As the theory goes great coaches know that each player has to be motivated differently

Draft saved Draft deleted