1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Keith What Do You Think Of Tom Coughlin Now ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 21, 2007.

1. I'll do it.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So I guess now teams won't try to hire the hot o-coordinator or defensive wizard and just look for the biggest prick available. Those coach's Super Bowl pressers should be a barrel of laughs.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Can't say I blame Coughlin there. Twice Tynes had a chance to kick a go-ahead field goal with a Super Bowl berth hanging in the balance. Tynes missed both. He probably deserved an earful there.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I say give Coughlin credit. He recognized he was about to lose his players and he made the necessary changes. Yes, he's old-school but he adapted his ways and put key pyaers in charge in the locker room. No two ways about it, Coughlin did a great job. Any team that wins 10 straight road games is a well-coached unit.

5. Showing up his kicker on TV yesterday gave us a glimpse.
    Two weeks of dealing with people he fundamentally considers grubworms?
    Be patient, Boom. It's coming.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Last time I checked, an NFL coach was still allowed to chew players out for failing to deliver. The league is not at the squishy-soft high school level yet, where coaches have to go through sensitivity training and can't yell at the kids.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Tom yelled at Tiki and he took his ball and went home. Thank goodness because he would have fumbled 4 or 5 times last night.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Looks like it was Tiki all the time that was the prima donna bitch. His TV career should end soon as it becomes apparent that he has all the integrity of an alcoholic used car salesman.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, that certainly makes a guy think. ...

10. Yeah, rip the kicker with half the world watching.
    Dickhead he was, dickhead he remains.
    Now he's a dickhead in the Super Bowl.
    Tick...tick...tick...

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Umm, when he screamed at him was after barely going wide left on the FIRST miss (after he'd nailed one earlier in the game), so it wasn't because he'd missed two. And the second miss was more because of the bad snap. And, if you knew anything about kicking, you'd know that berating a guy after a miss is about the worst thing you can do to get his mindset right for the next attempt.

12. What stoney said.

Draft saved Draft deleted