1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Keith What Do You Think Of Tom Coughlin Now ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

or as Bill Parcells likes to say "you are what your record says you are."

2. Let's see, the Cowboys beat the Giants in the opener. Granted.

After that, their wins have come against Miami (yawn), Chicago (whoopee!), St. Louis (great team there), Buffalo (dormat and they barely beat them), and the Vikings (mediocre). Their loss was against the Patriots (that's obviously legit). But guess that's a killer schedule, too, right?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Absolutely. Both have benefitted from what's been placed in front of them to deal with.

Let's face it . . . the NFC's into promoting the lesser of evils, and has been, for some time . . .

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Too bad the NFL doesn't seed playoff teams without regard to conference. But in the reality of the NFL, the Giants need only compete with the NFC to get to a Championship game.
    You may lament that a Colts-Pats game won't be the Super Bowl, but it will not cause the gods to make it so.

The Giants, as constituted now, are capable of winning against any team in the NFC. Who would have thought the Eagles would be this poor? San Fran was supposed to be a winning team. Asked before the season began and Chicago and Detroit should be exchangng records.

5. Boom_70

Well Tom Coughlin sure has come a long way from being the worst person of America in week 1 of the season.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Keith Olberman and Tiki Barber are fucking douchebags.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I thought Keith Olberman was the worst person in America during Week 1.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I always felt Coughlin is a good coach, but he had to make changes to his approach towards the players and he had to listen to some of their comments, if they were going to have a chance to make it to the playoffs. We haven't heard that many (if not any) criticism of Stalag Coughlin from the players in the locker room so far this year. If Strahan is talking nice things about him, then either two things took place: Coughlin warmed up to the players, or the players are on the same page with him.

Despite beating Tampa, the Barbers and Keith will continue to rip him because they don't want to admit that the Giants are doing well under him. It's the only thing they can hang their hats on. Tiki can only talk about last year. I'm sure the fucker is pissed that they haven't fallen apart down the stretch and came from 7-0 down to beat his brother's ass.

9. Boom_70

From the the worst person in America to NFL Coach of the Year Candidate.

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Boom, did you get an intern to dig this thread up? Good going--I can't even remember what I wrote last week.

Thank goodness the NFL is off the chalk today. I feel better.

11. Boom_70

Yes - I have my researcher send me "threads of interest " for possible updating.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Good god, I'm fucking brilliant.

Draft saved Draft deleted