1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Kansas City - How's Herm Look Now?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ThomsonONE, Sep 22, 2008.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

In my mind, why wait until January w/ Carl, Herm, etc.
    Clark could make a play at Cowher now, have a ton of time to talk him into the deal. During the same time, he could find a GM who isn't named Carl Peterson.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

THAT would make sense

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Indeed it would. You got him on speed dial? Give him a ring. Or give me the number. I'll tell ol Clarky what's what.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Matt Millen should be available soon to take Peterson's place.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if Cowher wants to be GM and coach when he does come back. He won a power struggle and got Tom Donohoe pushed out as the personnel guy in Pittsburgh and he would probably use the negotiation process for a new job as an opportunity to grab as much power as possible.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bitter?

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Clark W. Hunt is sitting on the beach outside his home in Tahiti, sipping a martini and counting his money Chief Lose-'Em-Games is making him.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It's kind of a trick question isn't it? Blackledge and Croyle were drafted with being the franchise quarterback in mind. Cotton Davidson was the original starting quarterback, but he had already been on other NFL rosters, as had Len Dawson. Mike Livingston was a second-round pick. Steve Fuller was drafted in the first round but is likely better remembered as Jim McMahon's backup. Bill Kenney came from the Redskins. Dave Kreig came from the Seahawks. Then you had the slew of ex-49ers. Rich Gannon had already been with three teams and Trent Green came over from St. Louis.

So have the Chiefs ever turned a quarterback they drafted into a franchise quarterback? No. Livingston and Fuller probably come the closest. I doubt anyone thinks of Livingston as a franchise quarterback and Fuller was bumped by Kenney.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Speaking of legendary Chiefs QBs, did you know that Steve DeBerg was replaced by three Hall of Famers? Who else has that claim to fame?

10. joe

joe Active Member

Steve DeBerg, the absolute master at hiding the ball on play-option, um, plays.

11. doubledown68

Yeah. I sat through that miserable 10-7 playoff loss to Indy in 1996, when the temp was about 0 at game time. I saw Grbac-up fuck up in the playoff loss to Denver. I've seen every other fucking team in the division (including Seattle, once upon a time) go to the Super Bowl. Yeah, you could say I'm bitter.

12. doubledown68

They even made pinky tshirts after he mangled the digit in a loss to Houston during the season. It was broke so bad the bone was out of the skin. DeBerg told them to pop it back in, and he played the rest of the season with it.

DeBerg was tough. Bono and Grbac.. not so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted