1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, John. Nice surge.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Admittedly, for a split second I thought this thread's title was a reference to a possible recent surge in posting activity by Mr. D. Villareal.

Then I saw who started the thread, and opened it, knowing what would be there.

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I love the pile-on mentality on this board.

At this point, John V could post -- in detail -- a plan about how to bring peace to the Middle East without the loss of a single American life, and he'd get hooted down here.

Can I be the only one who detected a sarcasm font on his "I am assuming this thread is directed at me" post?

3. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Hey DyePack,

Yeah it seems so. The title was confusing and seemed to continue our discussion of the FoxNews/war thing. So I guess I jumped the gun or something.

I do love the way no one can argue with my analysis but are so "offended" that I thought a thread about politics w my name in the title MIGHT be directed at me - blasphemous!

Ha ha

Seriously, though I don't understand why people who are educated and gather facts for a living are not more open minded and willing to have civil discussions on these issues?

Why is everyone on the right - or anyone who disagrees with you always "stupid, hatefilled, racist, Nazi, etc."

We all live together and hopefully are actually trying to solve problems.

My own view is that I am always open to good info and new ideas. If someone can prove me wrong or show me a better solution then I change my mind - simple.

Moreover, I went to Cal for undergrad and law school as a conservative ok? You want to talk about tolerance, I should have an academic Purple Heart or something for all the BS I had to take, but I just laughed it off.

I guess what puzzles me is that I can disagree with a person's ideas but still like the person, nor take it personally. That does not always seem to be the left & I wanted to know why that is the case?

John

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Especially since his second post said "I didn't see it was about McCain" despite the fact his FIRST post was all refuting McCain as a candidate.

5. John D. Villarreal

Yes, I did make a mistake as admitted by me - nor do I really care about it.

Although, Montezuma is right that is something I would do under certain conditions & Piotr is right that I thought at first it was directed at the posting as well.

Thus, many agree that the title was vague at best and subject to misinterpretation - particularly when I am one of the few people that posts with his real name, my name happens to be John, before I left for Tahoe we had been talking about politics & the war, and people on the board like to talk about me, make fun of me, use my lines & name in sigs etc.

Yes, I know it was a HUGE stretch.

Lol.

Let's move on.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I missed out on some of the board history, so I could only speculate.

The pattern that always amuses me, though, is the one of hand-wringing about a problem -- errors in print, for example -- then attacking anyone who dares to offer a solution. Apparently the only acceptable approach is complaining.

That one never ceases to amaze me, probably because I have no desire to try to figure it out. You'll see it here with some frequency.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I thought it was about a toilet overflowing.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I thought this was about me and how much I've bulked up since I started working out with JDV.

9. John D. Villarreal

Thanks for the heads up DP!

John, who are you kidding? It takes balls and toughness to work out with me - lol. No one would fall for that. (although, I am happy to help people with tips (like Boom) when they ask & are cool)

Nice Avatar though & sig - Leo is a great actor and The Departed rocked.

21...err Stephanie (nice name by the way I almost always get along with Stephanies & Jennifers, etc. (not sure why)), if you can't beat them join them.
    You can't beat me. So, quit fighting your inner desires and stray from the dark side - it is more fun over here.

Ha ha ha

John

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I was right, it was about an overflowing toilet.

Game on, John....you have no idea.

11. JDV, I say this with all due respect. What the fuck are you talking about?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Damn. DyePack grabbed JDV for his posse already.

Draft saved Draft deleted