1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hey, john clayton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Feb 26, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

it's "neh-go-she-ate," not "neh-go-SEE-ate."

granted, it's a personal pet peeve that rears it's ugly head every time nfl free agency comes up and runs through the signing of all the league's draft picks, which means he may continue to mispronounce "negotiate" every day from now through september.

puh-leeze, someone at espn straighten j.c. out. it's like nails on an effin' chalkboard.

it's painful enough to watch john on tv. he's a great example of a guy with a face best-suited for radio. so at least pronounce the words correctly.

thanks for listening.

2. ...what happened to your head?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hey Clayton is a good dude, cut him some slack.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He's from Pittsburgh.

Trust me, having proper syntax is hard enough.

5. Anybody else notice the weird way he pronounced "huddle" as well. It's almost "huddo."

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

sound like shockey's about to go noo-kyu-lar

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

lol. ;D ;D ;D

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Doesn't take a noo-kyu-lar scientist to pronounce foy-lee-age

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I really miss Clayton arguing at the top of his lungs with and being insulted by that washed up loser sexual harassing back-up quarterback guy on ESPN. Those segments were great television....

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm sure his former adversary in those enlightening debates is doing something important ... like taking a picture of his junk.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That load -- I won't dignify his existence by mentioning his name -- can do one thing:
    insult the intelligence of virtually any audience.

12. YaBBforum

YaBBforum Member

I always wanted Salisbury to say something like "How many NFL games did you play in?" with Clayton coming back: "Uh, about three fewer than you did, Sean."

Draft saved Draft deleted