1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Jimmy This Is Peter King

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Pretty funny. Maybe Clausen was the young man that King snookered out of Tejada ball.

"I reached out to Clausen when the first round ended, and when I identified myself, I got a dispirited "I can't talk now,'' and a hangup. Don't blame him"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/23/nfl.draft/index.html#ixzz0lxH8Sl1a

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Blame him? He's my fucking hero.

3. Boom_70

In the end Jimmy had a great night.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Can't talk PK... I still haven't forgiven you for that home run ball you conned me out of. What? You think I forgot?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"Can't talk now... I'm in the middle of one of those colon cleansings, and I have to jump on a plane. You ever do that, Peter?"

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

PK says he 'reached out'.

Clausen felt like he just answered a telemarketer, and treated him as such.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"I can't talk now" is quickly taking the place of "it's in the police report" in my daily vernacular.

Thanks, PK!

8. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

So he "reached out," huh?

Yeah, well I "reached out" to a cute little cheerleader yesterday. Got the same exact response.

9. Boom_70

"Can't talk now Peter, I'm on a ladder peering into our guest bedroom where Erin Andrews is sleeping"

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Clausen might be PK's son. Much like Mary Beth, they both throw softballs and love double penetration.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D I love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted