1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Fatties

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, May 31, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Thank you. Also, I don't know if you've tried it, but I find that green tea helps kick-start the metabolism a bit. Along with all antioxidants, it definitely picks me up in the morning & when it's getting late in the office. I prefer Bigelow w/ pomegranate.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wasn't there recently some sort of a poison scare with pop rocks? That would scare me a helluva lot more than the calories I'd gain by eating them

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Good thing you didn't drink soda with them. Your head would have exploded! :eek:

4. KG

KG Active Member

The Oreos thing only went on for about the first week. I rarely want to smoke anymore and when I do find myself craving one I jump on my bike or go to the gym and work it away. Although talking about it so much is kind of making me want one and I'm not comfortable right now with biking alone at night. So instead of an Oreo (not that this is much better) I'm killing it with a glass of Reisling. I don't really care how many calories it has either. I'm just enjoying it and planning on letting it (and maybe a second one) making going to sleep tonight that much easier.

5. dooley_womack1

A buncha Reisling will make you fiddle with the Oreo middle

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Whenever I had a serious fix, I'd brush my teeth for five good minutes. You're not going to want to smoke after that. Whatever works, you sound like you have it licked nohow.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well here is a humorous look at fats and eating habits....

http://www.badfatsbrothers.com/BFB.html

8. KG

KG Active Member

I can't drink a bunch of anything

9. KG

KG Active Member

Don't give anyone ideas. But at least you can have icecream with them.

10. dooley_womack1

Now that you've had pop rocks, are you breaking out the mood ring and the lava lamp? I remember Pop Rocks from when I was a kid.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jeez. Forget about the calories in a glass of wine. They are negligible. You can have wine or twizzlers once in a while without the floodgates opening. Where fat people usually go wrong is mostly with the oreos and the cheese and the nachos and wings. If you watch your food intake in general, and occasionally splurge in some relatively empty calories like a glass of win or some twizzlers, which are at least fat free, you'll be fine, especially if you are exercising every day as you say.

12. KG

KG Active Member

Damn Ragu don't talk about wings. I've been drinking and can't drive to Hooters. That's just a mean tease.

Draft saved Draft deleted