1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Fatties

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, May 31, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You, my friend, need help. Lighten up on yourself.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Accepted, kiddo.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Are you being a comedian, Moddy???

4. Moderator1

Was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.
    A little funny mixed in with a serious message.
    I do that so damn well.

5. KG

KG Active Member

After typing it I realize how silly it really is. But part of the guilt trip was because I've been trying much harder lately to keep it all healthy but I've been sucking at it lately. When I'm stressed I sometimes turn to sweets (especially since I quit smoking six months ago) and the Pop Rocks were just another cave in.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

After reading this thread I'll be doing push-ups and crunches in the middle of the night.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've found that watermelon solves the sweet problem, and it relatively low in calories.

One day, they will make calorie-free chocolate that tastes decent.

8. Moderator1

As long as you are not overdoing it, hell, enjoy.
    You work out a lot?
    You eat right generally?
    You eat a case of pop rocks or a pack?

If the answers are what I think they are, chill out and enjoy. You do all that work so you can enjoy the occasional treat.

Good on you for quitting smoking. The hottest woman in the world looks like shit as soon as she takes a drag.

9. KG

KG Active Member

Thanks. I'll try that.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

KG, try raisins for the smoking. They're magically delicious.

11. KG

KG Active Member

I thought that was Lucky Charms.

I'm fine 98 percent of the time with not smoking. I'd say 100 percent but this lunatic has me craving lately. When I quit Twizzlers and (ok these are really bad for you) Oreos worked wonders. I'm telling you two Oreos and I didn't want another smoke for as long as I would have gone between cigarettes anyway. With the Twizzlers, they worked best if I left them open over night first. Fresh ones were too soft. I needed to have to bite and chew harder to chew out the frustration.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

KG, Oreos are full of trans fats. If you are going to cheat, do the pop rocks or the twizzlers, which I believe are fat free. Much healthier.

Draft saved Draft deleted