1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, didn't you used to be the Arcade Fire?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jul 2, 2009.

1. That's my favorite of the Neighborhood songs, too, but probably not so great for a first-dance tune.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I love me some Neighborhood 1, but it took some wrapping it around my head as a first dance sorta song. Probably because I associated it with a really depressing time in my life and it has a mournful quality to it if you hear it with those ears. Although Googling "arcade fire wedding song" proves that it's not uncommon.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I really like the new album. Very excited to see the opening show of their tour with Spoon.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The MSG show Aug. 5 will be live on YouTube.
    Since she seems to be playing drums on a lot of the new songs in YouTube clips, the over/under on how many different instruments Regine will play on stage is down to 5 1/2 (thankfully, "Haiti" is still in the show, if you ever want to see some gloriously bad white-girl dancing).
    I just wish they were carrying the Ryman Auditorium show live a few days later.

Draft saved Draft deleted