1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, didn't you used to be the Arcade Fire?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

About fucking time, Win.

http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/45573

Looking forward to it.

2. Outstanding. Best news I've heard in a while.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I have a strange fascination and attraction to the Arcade Fire's violin player. I think she's smoking hot.
    Plus, I love the band and have them on my must see before I die or they breakup list.

4. ABSOLUTELY. I have a few dvd boots of theirs, and while this is pretty much total opposite of what I prefer, she's even hotter with short hair.

Sara Neufeld. Not the greatest photo of her, but still good enough. Some of the shots on her in 05 were just unreal. Super hottie.

[​IMG]

5. So...anybody listened to "the Suburbs" yet? The title track is easily the strongest track so far, I've listened to it a few times and it's definitely a step up from Neon Bible for you Neon Bible haters (which I am not). They'll be playing Merriweather with Spoon, probably won't be able to catch them but I'll fondly remember their concerts I saw in 05 and 07. Their live shows are impeccable.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Seeing them with Spoon in Atlanta in August.

is when I first turned onto them. Funeral became probably my third favorite album of the last decade. "Neighborhood #1" was the first dance at my wedding. So yeah, I'm a fan.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

With Spoon? Wow ... would that be awesome to attend.

8. You definitely get solid indie cred for having Hood #1 played at your wedding. I'd have gone with Hood #3-->Rebellion.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Good thing you don't live within a day's drive of there and have someone willing to let you sleep on their couch, huh?

10. I wish they were playing club shows.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is the only band I know and like that people who actually care about music also like. Go them!

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I had totally forgotten about this thread.

The title track:

New CD hits the stores August 3 ... a week from Tuesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted