1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Dick Cheney, choke on this you coward.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Aug 22, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You embarrass yourself almost every time you post. You just brought up Clinton as some sort of defense for Fredo's gang of thugs? Wow.

It may take you until the 2012 election to get your head out of your ass.

Like I said on the other thread, how's the denial thing going?

2. Because the ABC movie was written by a rightwing apologist and was a crock of shit, that's why.
    Clinton pointed that out.
    ABC ran the POS anyway.
    He has gone to Rwanda, on his own, and apologized for his inaction during that slaughter. He was greeted by cheering crowds. Please cite anytwhere in the world this president could say the same.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The murderer is responsible for the murder, the terrorist is responsible for the bombs and its consquences. And the asshole who told the soldier to go somewhere in harms way, to possibly get blown up is responsible if the reason the soldier is sent to get blown up is a lie. If the injuries are sustained for no reason and the bloodthirsty bastards, Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, Rice and Powell, knew or should have known that the results of their actions would be senseless causalities for no appreciable gain or benefit, then they bear responsibilty for their actions. And the ought to be held accountable. The people that most preach values and responsibility, this Republican Administration, have the backbone of amoebas and no rational and civil value system.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I think it's because of several reasons. In no particular order:

1. Bush/Rove/Cheney got elected by pledging to work off of a platform that's faith-based. By reaching inside of people's collective conscience, by tapping their moral sense to get votes ("it's God's will"), that takes a lot of reconsideration.

2. "No one died when Clinton lied." I wonder if people feel guilty about what their votes helped usher in, the near-permanent damage it's caused around the world.

3. "I just have one vote, it's not all on me." To that, I say horseshit. Every vote counts, some, several times over, others, not at all.

I could go on, but I've been beaten down into a state of hopelessness. Any vigor and enthusiasm I had when I voted for Clinton twice, Gore once and Kerry...okay, scratch that last one...it's just not there any more.

It's gonna take awhile to get us out of that situation. Many more lives will be snuffed out, many billions of dollars will be spent. Some folks have finally woken the hell up and said what I've said all along, that Iraq could turn into another Viet Nam.

Hell, at this point, it could be eclipsing it. The body count may not be as high, but we've spent billions otherwise, with billions more to come. Thanks, George!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

How about that liberal media?

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The only way George would do that is to send an advance scout team to Rwanda, carefully screen out Rwandan citizens who have prospered during this time and then give them questions like, "President Bush, you are clearly a great leader and one of the finest men this world has ever produced. How do you like our country so far?"

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Another thing: 15 years ago, we didn't have the polarized media we have today.

I can drive to my local bookseller right now and purchase 10 books that echo and support my politics, were I so inclined. I could find an equal number of books about "the other side."

I could do the same with radio, television and the Internet.

The reason people hold so close to their feelings on the matter - one way or the other - is because they're getting a steady stream of ideological reenforcement. Somewhere along the line, people discovered that there's money to be made in the business of choir-preaching. We all like to have our opinions legitimized, it's human nature. Ann Coulter, Al Franken...Jon Stewart, Bill O'Reilly...CNN, Fox News...they've all tapped into that.

8. "Wrong" is a relative term.

9. "Gang of thugs." The words of an idiot.

10. The problem is 15 years ago -- which is 1992 -- there was no counterweight on the Left to match up against the well-financed, organized attempt to bring down an elected president. (cf. The Arkansas Project.) Before somebody brings the liberal media myth, they have to account for the NYT's invention of the Whitewater scandal, the work of Steno Sue Schmidt at the WaPo, and the collected works of Jackie Judd and Chris Vlasto at ABC.
    Now, there is one. On the 'net, in print, and, to an extent, on the radio.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

OK, how about war criminals? Will that do?

Lying, deceitful, duplicitous bastards?

Fascists?

Take your pick, Lyman.

You and Hondo make a great tag team. Clueless to the core.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I prefer "lying, deceitful, duplicitous bastards" myself . . . but that's just me.

No need to stretch/exaggerate. There's plenty of blame to go around.

Draft saved Draft deleted