1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, Democrats. This Is The Goddamn Point

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

They're fucking soldiers. Of course most of them support fighting, since a lot of them signed up to fight. And a lot of them that are over there now signed up post-9/11, so they're lying if they say they don't know what they got themselves into.

But just because the soldiers support it doesn't make it right. Not in the least. I'm quite sure most of the soldiers in Sudan or some of those fucked up countries think they're doing the right thing too. Doesn't mean it is.

I'm not comparing American soldiers to the Sudanese soldiers, but just because the soldiers support the war doesn't mean fighting the war is right.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Look at the source.

It's the resident hillbilly from New England posting his neo-fascist crap.

Oh, and Jethro, don't come on here whining about me calling you a fascist because by every definition available, you fit the bill perfectly.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Look at the top-of-the-page ad this post activated. Nice work.

[​IMG]

4. So Jr - you come onto his thread just to call me a hillbilly and a fascist? Your obsession with me is unhealthy.

Maybe next time you should disguise your obsession by first bringing something to the table as far the discussion at hand is concerned and then insult me.

You know when we met up in Toronto - I could have sworn that when you leaned in to tell me something at the bar that you were about to try and kiss me. This obsessive following me around makes me think my instinct was right. Taking me to a bar called the Spotted Dick should have been a tipoff.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Of course, the last poll I saw showed 90 percent of soldiers thought the war was fought to avenge "Saddam's role in 9/11."

I'm not kidding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.