1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Cam It's Peter King...... Click

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 1, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't understand the confusion. Everyone thinks like sports journalists.

2. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I know (at least slightly), like and respect Peter.
    Yet the KSK parody every Monday might be the highlight of my week.
    Sometimes I wonder if Peter feeds them straight lines on purpose.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I guess that very large photo in Monday's USA Today of Newton signing autographs for fans after a Panthers practice must have been photo-shopped.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was photoshopped on the laptop that Newton stole while at UF. :D

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

More of King loving himself...now asking trivia questions about people that he can name drop: Quiz 1, for 2 Sox-A's tix, Fri, 8-26 at Fenway: Which 2 NFL draftees did I pick up at the Cincinnati airport in VW Rabbit on draft day 1984?

The answer (in case you care): Boomer Esiason and Pete Koch

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Spotted this gem in his Packers camp postcard:

We were 20 steps out the door at the Stadium View when this girl, from behind us, said loudly: “Peter King?’’

I turned around and we walked toward her and a man she was with.

“Peter King?!!!! Peter King!!! Oh my God! It’s you! Can I take a picture with you? MygodI’msosorrytobotheryoubutit’smybirthdayseelookatmydriverslicenseit’sreallymybirthdayandmygod
    thisisthebestbirthdayeverrrr!!!!!!’’

Why yes. Of course you can take a photo with me. That will be $1,000, please.

So we took the photo and chatted with her and the boyfriend for a few minutes and then we headed back to our hotel. That one really hit Neil — and, in fact, it stunned me. Traveling around the country, some people seem to know me. Recognized, yes. Frothed over, no.

“It is the only place in the world where a 22-year-old girl thinks Peter King is more important than a rock star. I will never, ever forget that. I thought I was walking around with Matthew McConaughey,’’ Neil said.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Hopefully 3D-TV doesn't make it because that giant head will blow through the screen and fill up livings rooms all across the country.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just astonishing gibberish. Dumbfounding.

Draft saved Draft deleted