1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Cam It's Peter King...... Click

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 1, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When will sports writers learn that fans not only don't care if they get blown off by an athlete but it probably bumps that athlete up a notch on their eyes.

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

The BigLead.com had an interesting item regarding Tweeting, the King item and another Tweet that might be misleading.

IMHO, Twitter has become like a comedy club where writers Tweet to entertain their followers and each other. The kind of stuff we used to say to each other in the press box is now "out there" for 600,000 followers. And, I must say, how ego-inflating must it be to know that you have 600,000 "followers." The cult of King, baby.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How much$$$

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm all over the place on this one. Don't really care about Peter King. I think Cam Newton is a douche, and if you were inclined to think accountability was his strong suit, you were sadly mistaken. that hasn't been the case forever.

I don't mind a reporter making him look bad. And I can completely understand why he wouldn't want to talk to them. Nothing good has come from the media for him for the better part of a year.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I was just responding to the post that said Cam wasn't signing autographs... That tweet came from @josephperson, the beat writer for Charlotte.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I still don't follow a single Tweeter.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Hell, the only reason I got on Twitter was to follow friends like Joe and others... I follow just a few celebrities, like Stephen Colbert and Jim Gaffigan.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Has the media reported false information about Cam Newton? Were the chronicles of his adventures through 3 different institutes of higher education not true? Was he not deemed ineligible for college athletics and made eligible within hours of each other? Were there not credible allegations of his lying, cheating and stealing? Didn't ESPN stick their collective tongue into his crotch and bathe his taint as a dove cleans the wings off a new born chick?

King maybe a douche bag, and maybe even the King of Douche Bags, but he's earned it through years of hard work and douchery, Newton is a four month wonder. Fuck him if he can't take it. And by it I mean the truth of a what stupendous POS he is. If he don't like it, tell his pimp of a pastor daddy to return the illgotten money and tell some truth.

Can I get a witness?

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I follow my heart.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

And Tweeter don't use his Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/scottcaan

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Peter King thinks he thinks he's the story.

12. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Abbott, I agree, but I don't think that it was Novelist was getting at. I think he is saying why does Newton need to talk to media that he can't control when he has numerous sycophants who only will bathe him in a clean and glowing light? (sorry I can't top the dove thing this early in the day)

Draft saved Draft deleted