1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Birdscribe?! Trouble in LPGA land?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 7, 2009.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Outstanding. Simply outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Chef

Chef Active Member

the only one of those you listed as remotely attractive to me is Gulbis.

You going to see Michelle Wie, Morgan Pressel, or Paula Creamer do a bikini calendar anytime soon?

Your witness, your honor.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Well, gee Chef. Sorry the LPGA isn't providing you enough groin stimulation to keep that short-attention span of your's erect and pert. Perhaps you'd be better served watching the AVP, where EVERYBODY's in a bikini.

And better yet, they're jumping around, too.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What in the world? Wie and Creamer are attractive enough. Pressel has a questionable helmet but nice little bod. You've got tough standards.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Um, yeah. Sounds like the guy that goes on the Daily Babe feature on Facebook just so he can say, "oh, she's not so hot." Bullshit, buddy.

6. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

Jay Mohr, who was filling in on the Jim Rome radio show yesterday, was ripping women's athletics, especially golf. He was saying that the top 15 players signed a petition, which didn't matter because no one has ever heard of any of them. He also was making fun of Jamie Farr for having a "girl's" golf tournament named after him, which he said should be reserved for less famous people. I really didn't find any of it funny.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You listened to Jay Mohr for far too long.

8. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

Truthfully, I don't really like Jim Rome a great deal either, but it's the only sports show I can get where I live.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So perhaps there should be a Jay Mohr tournament then?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Um, the top women hit a lot closer to 300 off the tee than 250. Just sayin.

11. partain

partain Member

I actually enjoy watching women's golf. Let's face it, on my best day I wouldn't be within 15 shots of any of them. So I can appreciate their athletic ability. But when conversations like this come up, I'm always reminded of my phone interview for a job with the Futures Tour about 10 years ago. They weren't part of the LPGA at the time and money was very limited. But they wanted to get away from hiring recent college grads who were only interested in hitting on their players. I was married and had some experience, so they liked my qualifications.

The tour commissioner was very honest in pointing out that you had to drive your own car and only got gas money, not mileage. The pay was incredibly low and you'd spend five months or more driving around the country to golf tournaments.

I quickly pointed out to her that the only decent benefit they did offer was the chance to hit on their players. There's no other reason why anyone would have taken the job at that point. She somewhat agreed and I never heard from them again. I assume they were forced back to the horny college grad route after that.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted