1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey Birdscribe?! Trouble in LPGA land?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 7, 2009.

1. per Sportsbybrooks, which is citing a report from Golf.com
    Several majopr LPGA names are expressing a lack of faith in the tour's commissioner.
    The report says none of the names will come out publicly, but no one is backing Carolyn Bivens either. Supposedly, the big names have sent a letter to the LPGA Pres.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/lpga-catfight-could-cost-commissioner-her-job-24898

Edit:
    There is also an AP story that id's Ochoa, Creamer, Kerr, Pressel and Gulbis as signing the letter.

I'd say Bivens' days are numbered.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd love to sniff that letter.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Um, eww, gross ... I think?

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Ty Votaw giggles at the thought of the LPGA failing.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Picture used in the link......golfer Anna Rawson (right) with former Miss Arizona USA Brenna Sakas.

[​IMG]

There's that look that starts all of my fantasies. :D

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm a driving range instructor at a small southwestern golf course. I never thought the letters in your magazine were true until one day...

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Anna Rawson is overrated.
    Or maybe it was just because she was wearing rain gear the day I saw her ...

8. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

The LPGA needs to get Annika back on tour before they start having monthly events.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

They better bark up another tree; Annika's going to give birth to a baby girl soon.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

In which case she hasn't been having monthly events for a while.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And finishthehat belts it out of the park so fast you'd think he was facing Reds pitching.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Bivens is the worst commish in the history of professional sports. The good news for the LPGA is that their player policy board can replace her easier than the PGA Tour could Finchem.

Draft saved Draft deleted