1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, AP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Angola!, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Anytime you want to move more than 12 inches on the women's championship game, that would be great.

Jesus Christ. It ended about an hour ago.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

And the game wasn't in doubt for the final 27 minutes.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Seconded.

4. WS

WS Member

anyone else not getting baseball boxes except for the afternoon games?

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Gamer moved. Time to slice.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was just me or everyone, but I got no NL glance last night and an extended box only for Tigers-Blue Jays. It's normally typical to have to call for a re-run on at least one box per week.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Maybe we'll get a less-rushed, fourth draft. This is brutal for a title game.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Seriously. What's up with only calling the Huskies "UConn" throughout? I didn't know that was the official name these days.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Or the fact ... that the ... story .... readslike ... ... ... this.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I've had several days like that recently where the AP skipped something. Here lately, it's getting a glance after Eastern time zone games are done then not getting another one until after Mountain or Pacific time games are done. So here I am at 11 p.m. going to Yahoo to get the scores of games that ended at 9:30 because the AP won't send anything.

11. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Not to threadjack, but has anyone else found it odd that in the baseball expanded standings they're going to run Wild Card Games Back all damn season?

12. VJ

VJ Member

I found it odder they decide to add OPS in the expanded boxes only 2 weeks before Opening Day then decided to scrap it a week later after all the papers had switched their coding to correspond with the new tabs, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted