1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HEY AP! (YET ANOTHER UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chi City 81, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Meanwhile, that might be the fastest I have ever seen NASCAR agate move on the wire after a race.

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Nevertheless, I'm still lacking the Nextel lineup for tomorrow, which will inspire calls if we don't have it. I know y'all gotta count with your fingers and teeth and all, but get the lead out.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If it's anything like the NASCAR stories from today, make sure you read it close. I think the AP guy found some hooch in the Crown Royal hospitality room and helped himself. Oodles of mistakes, including calling the race the Crown Royal 400 (last year's name; this year it's the Jim Stewart 400).

And please allow me to add another AP rant. Is it so fucking difficult to put together a nice, 13-inch, basic golf story?
    I'm looking at you, Doug Ferguson.
    I just slapped the golf capsule from the Wachovia Championship on the page without really looking at it. While proofreading, it struck me that not once in there did it mention Tiger Woods and Vijay Singh tied for the lead. The AP took Ferguson's usual 42-fucking-inch lead and chopped it to 6 for the capsule, without having any relevant capsule-type information.
    Ugh.
    I know the blame rests with the wire guy for that one. But damn, Dougie, cut us grunts a break.
    Been done to death, I know, but I had to vent.

4. WHOOPS! *runs to re-send*

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Loved how when the Rockies-Reds game went final tonight, we got a 15-inch story within a minute. Meanwhile, I still had only four inches on the Nets-Raptors game that had been done for more than 20 minutes.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Take all night on that LPGA agate. I can see how you'd need lots of extra time, what with the tournament being so far out West.

Edit: Kick ass. Don't tell me that doesn't work.

Draft saved Draft deleted