1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey AP, eat a unhusked corn cob out of my ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bubbler, Jun 11, 2009.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

For some reason, it works well with Firefox -- when it doesn't take 10 minutes to search, that is.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Kind of disappointed that I couldn't get an action shot (like of the Lidstrom shot at the end of the game) from the third period before 11:45 p.m., at which point I had to cut bait and send my photo editor (whose hours have been cut and was already over) home because AP decided to only send pictures of every Penguins player, coach, trainer and fan in Detroit with the Stanley Cup.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

If this is the corncob involved with the orginal thread title, well, um ...

And as long as we're bitching about AP, they didn't shoot Phil Mickelson's return press conference in Memphis this week. Not that the No. 2 golfer in the world coming back for the first time after finding out his wife had breast cancer -- and now emotionally charged -- was important or anything.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

If you use Prodigy, you can still get UPI.

5. Castaway

Castaway New Member

Cheesus

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The sad thing is a Google of "UPI sports writers" gets you a whopping THREE hits.

Poor Oscar Fraley.

Draft saved Draft deleted