1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey AP, eat a unhusked corn cob out of my ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bubbler, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Check that ... I've been using APServerNT off Netscape. My bad.

2. bubbler, you must be enjoying your circa 1997 windows '95-loaded computers. :)

i can't remember using apservernt in ... years.

3. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Anybody having problems with baseball boxes tonight? The Colorado-Milwaukee game's regular box has a bunch of semicolons in it (from AP Exchange); a Detroit-Chicago regular box never moved (all there is the wide and expanded) and none of the American League boxes have moved on our system (I've had to go to AP Exchange). Am I the only one seeing this problem?

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Sounds like business as usual for AP.

Although on some nights, SCEditor, I've seen the standard, semicolon-free box move AFTER the wide, expanded, etc. Not that it helps when you're on a tight deadline.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

All our boxes are normal, I think, since the whole baseball page had to be handcoded after our IT people suggested trying some AP Webflow boxes on the agate processor.

Of course the damn things crashed the processor and the same IT person ducked my call all night. Thank god for a whole bunch of day games and not one start after 7 here in the CDT.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm just confused as to how that unhusked corn cob got there in the first place.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Irony of ironies: The AP guy that was pimping AP Exchange at the APSE Southwest a couple of years ago was a Husker fan.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hey, AP ... eat me!

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Those are husked dammit!

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

See now clip this out, make copies and give it to your ME the next time you ask for a raise as a way to illustrate the value of a good copy editor. :)

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

My shop is as cheap as it gets, but we get the AP MLB agate package and I love it. I mentioned it before and got beat down because it supposedly takes a desk position away, but it isn't like we have an abundance of desk help anyway.

12. Magnum

Magnum Member

sounds like it's wedged up there pretty good

Draft saved Draft deleted