1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey AP, eat a unhusked corn cob out of my ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bubbler, Jun 11, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

AN unhusked corn cob.

I mean, if you're going to get that close to AP, you might want to be grammat...oh, never mind. This is AP. The one who Tuesday sent three different gamers with sentences invoking team names, then "its" later.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you be better off going with a husked corn cob? Seems like the less painful option.

Unless you're into that type of thing.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hey IJAG, are the Reds going to get its first baseman back any time soon?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Swear to god, it was that bad. It was stuff like "The Indians scored eight times in the fourth inning for its first win in its last 17 games."

Just horrid.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I should have said that the AP should stick an unhusked corn cob up its ass, not to pull one out of mine.

Apparently, I have unresolved unhusked corn cob issues traced back to my youth.

I go another round tonight, at least this time I'll be ready. I've got NYC on speed dial at the first sign of trouble. If our agate ship is going down, those assholes are going to hear about it.

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

YOU HAVE WINDOWS!!!???!!!

7. Bubbler

yourap is still active, I ought to use it tonight.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

In what universe?

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

hope you're doing better now, Bubbler ... (and I feel your pain)

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The AP thing or the unhusked corn cob thing?

11. yourap has been totally dead for at least a year, probably closer to a year and a half. i just tried both yourap.org and yourap.com, and they're both doa.

12. Bubbler

We still use it for photos. It's still active for us.

Here's why ... and prepare to laugh. If you use a Netscape brower, that's right I invoked the ghost of the defunct Netscape, you can still get to it.

At our shop, we still have Netscape (it still works, though it's obviously no longer supported) on our machnes and can still access it. If you go to yourap via Windows, it directs you to APExchange.

Sometimes, shitty technology works in our favor.

It doesn't matter for me tonight as our satellite server is working. Had it not, I might've had to choke a bitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted