1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hey, anybody can declare for the NBA draft ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, May 7, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.draftfeinstein.com/process.php">.... even if your name is Zach Feinstein and you're a junior at Washington University in St. Louis who only has played pick up basketball. And the NBA bought it, apparently.</a>

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

At least he went to college.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

he went to college for three years, 93 devil thinks he should go 1st overall.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

This stuff happens every year. There were nine people listed on NBADraft.net last year who did it, and a kid on SI.com did it the year before.

Ho-hum.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Maybe, but the guy's Web site is pretty effin' hilarious.

6. This reminds me of a college friend who sent a letter to the New Jersey Nets when they were looking for a head coach in 1999 or 2000. He sent them a serious letter telling them his qualifications, experience, etc. Best part is that he actually got an official letter back from the Nets GM at the time.

7. rube

rube Active Member

Didn't know you were friends with Lawrence Frank.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

A buddy of mine from high school was the first ever, I believe, to do this.

He sent a letter to David Stern back in 1991 announcing his early entry. The NBA actually called our junior-college coach to get info on him for the draft info they sent out to the teams.

He was included on the same list as the likes of Billy Owens and Anderson Hunt, and got a ton of local press after he did it.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Some kids did this a few years back for the NFL and showed up to the combine in jeans.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They're now starting in the Lions' secondary.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If that kid is from Western PA, I know him as well. He played ball for a community college if I remember correctly.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Actually, it was in the Midwest.

I know the idea caught on over the following year or three after my buddy did it...we kept an eye on the lists specifically to see if he'd started a trend.

Either way, it was some funny stuff, and got my buddy on TV and in the paper a few times.

Good for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted