1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He's Talking About Us, slap.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Is this a D_B?
    Did I miss a thread?
  2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I like Mitch, but given the fiasco of a couple of years ago, "I learned the rules" rings a little bit hollow.
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Whoever in the hell Daulario is doesn't exactly hit the mark, either. To wit, this response to Albom's assertion about training and education to be a journalist being key: "Well, for starters, it appears Albom is also anti-vigilantism and anti-Turbo Tax in addition to anti-blog." Um, I would think no one would want to scrap the police handling law enforcement. And just because one can follow the largely idiot-proof steps that experts set up for TurboTax doesn't mean that person can do accounting for a multinational corporation.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, he said he learned the rules. Didn't say he follows the rules. Leave the poor guy alone.
  5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I stand corrected.
  6. pseudo

pseudo Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Albom started writing for a newspaper before he ever set foot inside Columbia's -- or any other -- J-school, didn't he?
  7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey, I gots trainig... I don't gots no lawyer, but neither one of us has spent moe than a night in St. Louis and never on a Saturday....
Draft saved Draft deleted