1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He's coming for the guns, and hell's coming with him!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BDC99, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Too bad Indiana Jones didn't make whips the popular choice for folks who feel they need some form of protection.

Very few people commit suicide by whip or accidentally discharge their whip and kill a family member.

But carry on, and support the right for a possibly sane person to own an AK-47.

Tweener likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope the checks and balances system in our government would strike those ideas down and put him in his place. Just like I sincerely hope it does in this case.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Bat, you won't get cran to budge on this. He is committed to the ideal that it is the duty of any president he votes for to take whatever steps they feel necessary.

old_tony likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I doubt there's anything unconstitutional in any of the EOs announced today, but I'm pretty sure Ken Paxton will file a lawsuit anyway.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Several of the EO line items were things the NRA used to support. Of course, that won't stop LaPierre from accusing Obama of trying usurp the Second Amendment.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Waivers can be signed for HIPPA. A requirement to sign a HIPPA waiver in order to undergo a background check in order to buy a gun can be made.

His own defense attorneys said he was a psychiatric patient before the shooting.

His right to Due Process would not be violated. He would be perfectly welcome to appeal any decision made by the government about his mental suitability to own a gun.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So require someone to waive one constitutionally protected right, so he can go to court and fight for his right to use another?
    I feel like my brain is trapped inside a funhouse mirror.

expendable and old_tony like this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How exactly can someone be required to waive a constitutional right? I'll hang up and listen.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In Baron's argument, by waiving a right to privacy for the chance to prove you can exercise your Second Amendment right.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Only if he cries. And Trump cries great tears. The best! They are incredible.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Clearly, Thomas Jefferson wanted mentally ill people to have easy access to automatic weapons. Is this even in question?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

To summarize what I read on the link provided, Obama wants everyone who sells a gun to be federally licensed, everyone who buys a gun to go through background checks and that this process get more efficient by hiring more people to keep an eye on applications. He also wants the laws on the books to be enforced so he wants to put more money into the ATF to make sure they are enforced. Lastly, he wants people with psych issues to be flagged in the system. I'm not seeing some violation of anyone's second amendment rights here.

SnarkShark likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted