1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hershiser beans Joe Morgan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Aug 29, 2006.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I guess he can't help himself, but last night Joe Morgan was analyzing why the Japanese Little League champs had such hard creases in the bills of their caps.

"It actually serves a purpose, it helps them focus, makes them look tougher, yadayadayada."

Boothmate Orel Hershiser can't take it a second longer.

"I think it makes them look like a Georgia gas station attendant," he said.

Still don't understand why ESPN had five talking heads (six if you include Erin Andrews' cans).

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That would make seven.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Did Joe mention that neither of the teams would have stood a chance against the 76 Reds?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yes, about 400 times.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

brilliant line.

btw, my wife has a few issues with orel hershiser. she insists that he has his eyebrows waxed. do any other women think this? i can't really say i can tell whether someone has waxed eyebrows or not. is this common in TV?

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I work with a guy whose eyebrows are so perfectly waxed that it creeps me out.

Guys, just wax the unibrow. Trim a little, maybe. Maybe. Nothing drastic.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I used to have two eyebrows. But I shaved the top one.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hershiser has quickly become the best analyst ESPN has. And in a battle of wits with Joe Morgan it just isn't even fair.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, but Joe Morgan is the greatest second baseman of all time. And he played on the greatest team of all time. Just ask him. :D

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It was hilarious watching those 12-year-olds looking EA right in said cans. And she kept leaning over. Almost as good as the dugout interview she did with the geezer coach at the College World Series.

In a related note, the Georgia Gas Station Attendants Local 5950 is arranging a protest against Hershiser and a certain Bristol-based broadcast company

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

http://www.acidmouse.com/Gall/albums/userpics/10001/I%20Heart%20Hooters.jpg

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wasn't Bob Welch one of the first guys to really bend the bill of his cap that far?

I prefer to the flat-cap, sideways look of CC Sabathia.

Draft saved Draft deleted