1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herschel Walker to MMA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Sep 21, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Herschel looks good in this fight, y'all. He's a little robotic in his legwork, but he looks good.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It almost looked too easy.

3. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

The thing that struck most about the fight was that Herschel's opponent (Greg Nagy) is terrible at MMA. He’s really, really bad. It’s not even the fact that he lost to Herschel. It’s just that he just didn’t seem to be good at anything.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm glad Herschel won, but there wasn't much to see. His opponent was awful.

And at 47 Herschel probably has a better body than any running back in the NFL right now. Holy shit did he look great.

5. And the guy he fought is gettign a start on a nice little beer belly and man boobs. Good for Walker . . . he won the fight, but he wasn't fighting Randy Couture.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can't agree, goalmouth. It's the Pro Football Hall of Fame, regardless of what people really want to think about the USFL.

Then again, if the USFL was really that credible, I could ratchet up the argument for a certain someone ... Reggie White was more dominant, but this someone wasn't too far back ...

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The USFL really was credible.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

He can't have much of a shelf life at that age. Better feed him to Fedor quickly if you're of a mind to do so.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think a better comparison would be Warren Moon, who probably got credit for his CFL years in his case for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Not that Moon's NFL years don't stand pretty well on their own, too.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Even adding the USFL, I think that Herschel's place is in the College Football Hall of Fame.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Because I'm of firm mind this link can NEVER be posted enough...Set aside some time for this, and realize that Posnanski wrote in his BLOG in his FREE TIME something I couldn't dream of writing with all the time and money in the world.

http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2007/11/28/herschel/

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A one-minute Walker college highlight reel. The mid-air collision where he lands on his feet is at the 30-second mark:

Draft saved Draft deleted