1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes: SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Nov 20, 2006.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

So I got to wait a month and a half until the next new episode? Wow.

But as for tonight, WTF? So many questions answered, and so many new questions.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So what is the Haitian's power? Is he a telepath? Some sort of nullifier who short-circuits the others' powers? Or does he just have the ability to erase memories?

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

That was definitely confusing. He was with Claire's father when the police officer couldn't read peter's mind. he also was in the bar when the police officer "lost the day." But he made others forget. He could have several powers.

I still don't know about Claire's dad. Dude ain't right. When he was in the car, there was a brief camera shot of him and his reflection. It looked pretty devious, like he's got another side, another story.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought maybe he had a few different powers, but Claire's dad told Sylar that he (Sylar) was the only one they knew of with more than one ability. Unless the Haitian is holding back, but it seems like Daddy Bennett knows everything the Haitian is capable of.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

It seems like there's someone else with interest in the heroes. Bennet is talking to a superior on the phone who wants Sylar alive, presumably to dissect him, but I'm not so sure. Then the Haitian won't mindwipe her and it sounded like he was overriding his command.

I definitely liked the team-ups starting to happen with Hiro and Isaac.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had completely forgotten about the mention of "a hero will fall" in the previous week's promos until the scene with Sylar and the girl.

I tried to explain the Nikki/Jessica thing to my wife last night (she doesn't watch the show). She gave me the same "Oh my god, I married a nutjob" look she used to give me when I tried to explain things after dragging her to an X-Men or Spider-Man movie.

;D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can you get that by mail order?

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Wow. They certainly put a spin on things.

My take on that most recent episode is that Claire's dad is evil after all. It almost seemed that the Haitian and the dark-haired girl may be turning on Claire's dad in an effort to thwart his evil plan.

But the key question is how the world was saved because Claire is still around. I think the logical answer is that the person who takes her power becomes indestructible, thereby setting off a mad sequence that ends in the world exploding. But I couldn't begin to tell you which characters really wanted her gone.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My take is that Claire being saved will somehow prevent a horrible plague or something. A storyline further down the line. Or, future Hiro somehow discovered that getting Peter to travel to Texas and save the cheerleader would start bringing the heroes together, thereby setting in motion the events to save the world at some point. Maybe they stop the nuclear man from exploding in New York, or are supposed to try (and Peter ends up being unable to control the power and explodes).

10. HeinekenMan

I think Peter's problem was just something related to an East Coast Taco Bell.

11. So then we can correctly assume/theorize that Peter blows up NYC when he absorbs radioactive man's powers?

12. HeinekenMan

That's right. Peter definitely seems to have some sort of episode related to an explosion. Could he be soaking up the radiation? Jeepers, I'm out of guesses at this point. I say the butler did it.

Draft saved Draft deleted