1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes: SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Nov 20, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm with Lisa on this one. The way Sylar's particular power works allows him to quickly control each power he has. Though it's not always as quick as you think. Notice, more often than not he reverts back to the first power he acquired, telekinisis (sp?). And he did initially have trouble with the super hearing.

2. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Those are valid points, but I still think the writers use Sylame as a deus ex machina for whatever they need. And I still say, he's a serial killer, not a supervillain. Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't a supervillain, either.

My larger question is why does so much on TV/movies these days have to be grossout, anyway? Whatever happened to escapism that made you feel good, not crappy? :mad: :(

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it's obvious you're in the majority.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I think he can heal, but not regenerate. Plus which piece of him is his brother going to catch ... but what do i know.

5. outofplace

In the episode from five years in the future, he had exploded and survived.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Finally got to watch this.
    Ditto many points.

Finale needed to be 2 hours.
    We needed a good kick-ass fight scene. I was OK that we hadn't seen one up until now, but Christ ... give us Peter and Sylar, 2 minutes, beat each other's ass. Then Hiro shows up to kill him.
    I'm confused about the end too ... but thats the M.O. of this show. It made me interested in the next episode ... of course, we'll be watching football before we watch the next Heroes.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I meant in the form of a prequel

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm sure you did.

9. outofplace

I assume all that will be in the Heroes: Origins series they are talking about.

Again, they are ripping off ideas from comics. Anything that is a hit, they have to put out a spin-off or secondary series to cash in as much and as quickly as possible rather than just let the main series be a hit.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted