1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes: SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Re: Heroes

Anyone watch last night's?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I am INSANELY pissed. I have it set on my Tivo, but apparently, a fucking episode of Girlfriends had one of my keyword search words in its show description. So I come home to find fucking GIRLFRIENDS on my Tivo instead of Heroes.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I have been loving Heroes. The show is just fantastic.

The only issue I have is similar to IJAG's. I record the show on a season pass. Well, it has ended late the last two weeks. So, that means I need to check the recording of Studio 60 to find out how it ended. But, this now means that something could be cutoff.

It has really pissed me off.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Perhaps you should try one of those old-fangled videotape machines... supposedly, they let you record programing by time...

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

If you didn't get the last few minutes of last night's show, you really missed one hell of a preview.

I know there are probably tons of places on the net where you can find spoilers and a million theories, but I'd like to propose one basic concept. I say that the doctor built a monster, as in his own Frankenstein, by taking the DNA of heroes. I think the cheerleader's dad is aware of this and realizes that his daughter holds one of the greatest powers. I think he's been trying to thwart the bad dude's attempt to destroy the world. I'm not sure how he's doing this. Could it be that he kills heroes before the other gets to them? Or is he trying to protect them? To me, that seems to be the key issue.

As for our little tease about what happens to one of the characters next week, I really don't have a good guess. If I had to pick one, I'd guess that it's one of the lesser characters.

I think this is the best show on TV right now. It's novelty has pushed it past Lost. Nothing else measures up, and I've been watching lots of shows. I expect this show to run for several seasons, and I suspect that the Japanese character will become a cult icon.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I love Hiro.

Ooo, waffles, wahoo!

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who is the bad dude?

8. Madhavok

Sylar?

***SPOILERS***
    I think it was evident when Brian came to Gabrielle's (sp?) work shop that Sylar (Gabrielle) wants power, more than what he has. Hence why he killed the man with the telekinetic powers because he was 'broken' or didn't want them. It now seems once he did that, he consumed (somehow) those powers. To me, it's my opinion that is exactly what Sylar is doing. Going and killing mutants and consuming their powers. He probably killed the good Doc, took his list and off and running to be the most powerfull mutant alive. Sigh.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK. So it appears he is a bad guy acting alone, you think?

10. Madhavok

At this point and time? Yes. I can't really see who he would be working with? Claire's dad? Well from the last two episodes, that's a negative. Sylar is definetely a bad guy and the Good Doc knew figured that out when they started doing more tests. The Good Doc quickly told Sylar that he was 'normal' after reading some tests and was obviously lying. He had that look on his face like Sylar was evil in the inside and wanting to build up his powers. Down the road, I think we'll see a seperation of some point, good mutants and bad mutants. Gosh, where have we seen that before?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm still not sold on Claire's dad being such a good guy. I think maybe he killed the Good Doc, as y'all are calling him (I can't remember his name).

Makes me wonder if Claire's dad and the Good Doc's son, despite their lack of abilities of their own, could end up in a Magneto vs. Xavier dynamic.

I do think Sylar is acting on his own, but he isn't the only one out there doing bad things.

Either way, I'm loving the show.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

IJag and others who missed it, do you have the Sci-Fi channel? They replay each episode at 7 p.m. on Fridays.

Draft saved Draft deleted