1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes: SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Nov 20, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Re: Heroes

Oh...DUH...should've realized that

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm a big fan. I haven't missed any of the episodes and I have the season set to record on my DVR.

3. Re: Heroes

I am really enjoying this show.
    I did miss the first episode and most of the second, so a couple of things are a little unclear.
    Namely, can Peter fly, or can he only pick up the powers of others he is around (like his brother, whom he was around when he flew, right?)?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welcome back, bud...
    Your running buddy leaves for Missibumble and you fall off the face of the earth... WTF

5. outofplace

He only picks up the abilities of those around him. Or at least that's how it seems so far. That's definitely what he believes (he explained his powers on the show last night, if you missed it).

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah, Peter is basically Marvel's Rogue. He can acquire the powers of others that are around him if he close enough. Hence why last night he didn't ***SPOILER*** hell, we're already talking about powers, can we talk about last night's ep at least?

Good episode. The Jessica storyline seems to be the next in line from what we saw from the teaser for next week.

7. outofplace

You were writing around the same thing I was, the incident that I thought was a bit predictable. Maybe I'm spoiled by how good the show has been so far.

We really need a spoilers header on this thread. FuerteJ, help us out!

And this shows how big a geek I am, but the better X-Men analog for Peter would be a more minor character called Synch, whose abilities worked pretty much the same way (he didn't hurt the people whose powers he used like Rogue does), though he had better control of them. He was a creation of the early 90s, later killed off.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

You know, I was going to either say Synch or Mimic but I don't think there are too many Marvel nerds here, ha.

9. Re: Heroes

The ultimate in popcorn TV and one of two network shows I can't miss, or won't hesitate to tape if I'm not home.

Lost is the other.

10. outofplace

Good thought on Mimic, though I thought he kept the powers until he decided to replace one. Peter only has his powers for a short time when he borrows them.

And yeah, I'm Marvel nerd. I know of at least one more, but he hasn't posted on this thread.

11. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

great show to watch with the kids. two more episodes and then a break till jan 22. IF nbc was smart they would re-broadcast the first set of episodes in the interim and hook observers late to the show. It's great serial tv at it's best.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I heart Greg Grunberg. That is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted