1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes season ... eh, volume ... er ... 2008-09

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 22, 2008.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

I haven't watched any reruns from last season, so a lot of stuff slipped my mind. I was confused for parts of the show because of that. But also because there's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many characters and storylines. I'm afraid it'll turn me away.

Remember: We didn't even get Micah (Niki/Jessica/Tracy's boy) and that one girl he's with that emulates stuff.

Here's who needs to go: Nikki, Sylar (sorry, we need another villian, how about that British dude?), Parkman and these lesser characters need to go as well before they are made too big a part: that African dude Parkman's with, Kristen Bell's character, Claire's real mom

On the fence: Maya (she's hot), Mom Petrelli, Linderman (I wish he would have just stayed dead).

I seem to be bitching more than complimenting on the season premiere. This is not good.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

No, islands are reserved only for characters who have no purpose but have a power too cool to just brush away.

Add in a mysterious black guy with a cane and you've got a subplot! :)

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Thought it jumped once or twice last season. But Suresh pulling scales from his back was the moment for me. Shameless.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't give them ideas.
    Next week on Heroes: Parkman finds a hatch in the middle of the Sahara, Micah tells a mysterious button to push itself, and Sylar cuts the top of the head off a smoke monster. And future Peter and future Hiro team up to warn the writers about leaving too many dangling plotlines.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought it was the whole one-hour lead in tonight. Yay NBC, you have a hit show. Instead of fellating yourself for an hour beforehand, howsabout airing a few reruns in the month leading up to the season premiere to get some buzz going an reacquaint everyone?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok. I missed a combined half hour for reasons that are completely irrelevant here, but I guess what I missed didn't save or ruin it.

I thought tonight was decent, but it would be really nice if somebody would STAY FUCKING DEAD.

The Hiro thing was stupid, but that's Hiro. He's an idiot. But heroes doing stupid shit to create the very problems they have to save the world from is a comic book theme, too, and Heroes does have to steal them all, doesn't it?

I didn't mind what they did with Mohinder at first. Kind of a Wolverine/Beast/Spider-Man combination. That character might have been fun. Then they pull the MohinderFly shit. I'm with Piotr on that. Yuck, and I don't just mean the looks of it.

The last scene with Mama Petrelli and Sylar was interesting...also explains how they are going to attempt to "redeem" the serial killer.

I hope it can be better than last year, but I think whatever magic they had in season one is gone.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Did you watch Season Two?

They were trying to build an audience, not remind an audience what else was on TV.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

True. The whole red carpet thing seemed incredibly pompous, though. Especially for a show that really got going by word of mouth. Certainly not the first time its lost its way. Nor, I suspect, the last.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The moment the show jumped is when they decided to ditch this second season ending for the one they actually used.

Yeah, that's only about 10 times better.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Ugh, everything about this show is bloated. Primarily its sense of self-importance. Also the cast, the mythology, the use of time travel/reanimation, etc.

It's just too much of everything.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

when the hottie walked in the door, and our boy was up in the duct work, i looked at mrs. petty and asked: "so what? he's the freakin' fly now?"

ripoff.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and what in the heck ever happened to internet chick?

Draft saved Draft deleted