1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes, Season 2: SPOILER ALERT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The twist definitely surprised me, and I'll be interested to see how they rectify it with what's been going on in Hiroland.

Best thing about this episode: no wonder twins. And I fucking HATE West. I wonder whether we're supposed to like him and they just cast an annoying actor.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I think dude is immortal. Not a time traveler, but a dude who has been many people before, historical figures.

That's a theft, of course, from any number of sources, including a mediocre episode of old-school Star Trek and the Highlander films.

The way they're writing the West-Claire romance, they can't possibly think any fan over 13 is liking that whole plotline.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i thought it may be him before i saw him -- remember, his name is 'adam' -- he may be patient zero. and, he's been leading everything up to get revenge on hiro

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Piotr, good comparison on "Adam." Not surprising to see them stealing again. I'm wondering if Wolverine might be the better comparison, somebody who either doesn't age or ages very slowly because of his healing abilities. Think of it. If you can heal from any wound, your body won't degenerate. No degeneration. No aging.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm like you, Piotr. This show hadn't fallen off my must-see list, but it did seem like they were piddling along. Then they have a show like last night's, and you see they actually do have a plan for where they're going.

So Takezo/Adam waited 300-plus years to get revenge on Hiro? I guess stealing your girl, betraying your friendship, blowing you up and leaving you for dead is hard to get over. I think he's more along the lines of Wolverine, like outofplace said. He's not immortal, just doesn't age or degenerate. Although the way the show borrows from other shows and comics, it wouldn't surprise me to hear him say "There can be only one!" in the final showdown with Hiro.
    Still, I'm geeked up to see what they have planned for him. And it also looks like West is off the hook for Nakamura's murder.

I'm over 13, and I'm not minding the Claire-West romance because I kind of see where it's going. Obviously, it's creating the rift between Claire and HRG and they're both going to have to make some choices. Based on the painting, I think Claire's the one who kills her dad.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So what is Bob's power? Managerial experience? Accounting prowess?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought he could turn things to gold with a touch.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

So, that episode had its ups and downs. The ups: nice twist.

The downs: shitty twist. Here's why. "Adam" hadn't aged at all, but only barely makes sense. I mean, people would notice if Clarie and that guy hadn't been aging ... the characters themselves have noticed. So clearly they were aging to a point, apparently when they figured out/developed the power. Cool, but BUT BUUTTTTT it means Clarie will be in high school forever :(

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That begs the question of who is Claire's real father?

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I thought it was Nathan Petrelli ...

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Nathan is Claire's dad, and her mom lived in a trailer park-type situation. They revealed that last spring.

Bob's power is the ability to deliver lines like "A storm is coming" with a straight face and even a bit of sincerity in his eyes.

And also to get Mohinder to blow the lid completely off the plan. Unless that is the plan.

Who knows? No bit of speculation here will approach the take (and whoever said it, please take a deserved bow) that West is actually worth a hill of beans because he's the killer, being manipulated by baddies.

12. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Maybe Adam can absorb powers, like Peter and Sylar. They made a reference to him being able to change the weather. He could have used Hiro's power to time travel. Or maybe he's got stronger regenerative powers than Claire.
    Whatever, it was a good episode. I DVR'd the last couple and watched three last night...that's kind of the way to go with the show...watch a bunch at once. That way, you don't get ticked off when they spend a lot of time with characters you don't give a rat's ass about -- like The Wonder Twins.

Draft saved Draft deleted