1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes Season 2 premiere (9/24)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The dude in the boxcar was Peter? I haven't been watching the repeats, so he wasn't fresh in mind, but I didn't recognize him.

Also, who do we think the guy who killed Sulu was? Sylar? Seems too easy. And why would Sylar tackle him, instead of taking him apart? And his little friend, too?

Plus, I wanna kill Claire's mom and her little f'ing dog.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this will be a rehash of Peter. He was able to access his power, at least on instinct. Makes some sense that his memory would be gone after blowing up.

I was wondering about thing with Nathan seeing himself in the mirror, too. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

Too bad they wrote the wife out, at least in the short term. I've always thought she was stunning.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I thought Peter in the mirror was just a depiction of how Nathan imagined his brother must look at this point.

And it would have been nice to see Peter still show some physical effects, heal him during the course of the season.

Again, I am excited for the Generations plotlines. Especially since they went to so many cliche wells last night.

I already mentioned the "he's drunk and grew a beard!!!" fallback for showing that a male character is upset.

The hero has amnesia!!! Do you suppose he might fall in with a rough crowd and possibly use his powers for less-than-good?!?!?!?!!?

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being most, just how shocked was anyone to find that Claire's new boyfriend "West" had a power? Two? Three, maybe.

I know they will have an episode this fall where they will explain everything about the last four months, so I have no issue with where anyone ended up. These writers have demonstrated they know what they're doing, even if they didn't have the guts to definitively kill off the bad guy and put themselves in a situation where they have to create a new one.

But that season premiere often swung between predictable and almost unwatchable (Are you a robot or an alien?).

It will get better.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Looked like him without the floppy lock of hair.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

What's the deal with Sylar being back, anyway? Hiro ran him through pretty good and it certainly looked like he died (in fact, they showed his visions in his eye at the end all the up to his death, which, to me, seemed like he had seen his own death and knew that Peter was the one who would blow up).

He really should just be dead and gone with the heroes now having to contend with Sauron (the eyes).

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

See? I gotta watch closer. I thought that was the little brother, not Wes/West. Shit.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

The guy in the mirror... was that Peter or Nathan?

No matter which one, I think it's the way they appear since being blown up in last season's finale.

8. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Look closer (or pause it at the right moment) and you'll see that it's Nathan, not Peter. Personally, I rather liked Pasdar's beard.

Loved the Kensei reveal too, though David Anders' casting in that role was probably the worst-kept secret of the entire second season so far.

9. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

He'll always be Sark from 'Alias' to me.

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

There was no Ali Larter in the episode. (and Hayden was looking a little off)

That in itself was enough to drop it from a 10 to no better than a 6.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent point....though I still don't find myself looking at the very young Hayden in quite the same way as I do at Larter, even if she is legal now.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

Maybe I'm making this up, but during the opening montage, which I assumed to be what happened in the past four months, doesn't Sylar appear on a beach with a woman? And with his shirt off with no sign of injury?

I think episode 5 is supposed to be the big flashback episode, which everyone will be waiting for since nothing else will make a hell of a lot of sense before then.

Also, I'm glad that Mrs. Petrelli is going to die. I hate that character.

Other than that, I'm ready for shit to start blowing up, already.

Draft saved Draft deleted