1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes Season 2 premiere (9/24)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Sep 24, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Fixed. :D

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

BING!

Is it just me, or is Parkman one of the least endearing good guys?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hater.

4. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I know. Why do I hate America?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

because you hate parkman, who, btw, stands for everything that's good in america.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't see how Parkman is one of the least endearing good guys, unless you are thinking of what he becomes in the potential future storyline.

I would think of Bennett first. Remember, he was ready to kill the little girl.

Nathan is another one. Barely qualifies as a good guy as corrupt as he is, but has redeeming qualities.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

MORE SPOILERS:

It was creepy when Parkman read Molly's mind during her nightmare. Who in the hell is this other bad guy? And was it him who sent those pictures with the red symbol on it? Was it also him who tackled and (I'm pretty sure) killed Hiro's father? That guy was kind of shaped like Sylar, though.

I'm not judging anything yet. It all looks good to me. Some good setup stuff for the rest of the season. You can't get fireworks every episode.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So what was the deal with Nathan's face being all scarred up and stuff in the mirror reflection? And how come Peter Petrelli can't get out of handcuffs?

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Episode left me kind of flat. The show's banked enough goodwill with me that I'll stick with it for a long time, but I wasn't too impressed with the premiere.

Was anyone else confused when Claire exclaimed, "You're giving me the Rogue!?" until seeing the commercial for the new Nissan car a little while later? I never heard of the damn car until they ran four consecutive commercials for it.

(Oh, and "West?" Really? That's his name? I'm hoping it's at least his last name, because it's pretty ridiculous for a first name. Don't know why it bugs me, but it does.)

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Rogue commercials were really annoying. And what is it? Looks just like a Murauno.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

- I thought Claire's new boy-toy was named "Wes", not "West"
    - Peter Petrelli has some sort of memory loss thing going on. Seems like kind of a rehash from Season 1, where he has to learn to use his powers again. But I guess getting blown to smithereens and reforming yourself can take something out of you.
    - I know they'll get to him, but it would've been nice to see some of Sylar.

Overall, not a bad episode. Maybe you'd expect some more bang in the season premiere. But if there was one thing Heroes did very well last season (at least until the finale) it was pace itself. It never reveals too much at once, but there is a payoff not far down the road.

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I on the other hand, DVD recorded Dancing with the Stars so I could watch Heroes. Heroes has become one of my favourite shows. The writing is great and it's matched with a superb cast.

Draft saved Draft deleted