1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes in more trouble than I thought...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117995152.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Pair of co-exec producers get pink slips on Sunday. Sounds like they were the hands-on pilots of the show, too. I knew the show was struggling this season (well... last season, too), but I didn't realize it was this dire. For myself, I admit to watching the first episode this season, and that's it. They lost me pretty quickly last year, too.

Is anyone still watching?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

After last season, I quit watching.
    It was so uneven, and seemed full of itself.
    From what I've heard -- mostly here -- this season has been a further slippage into hell.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I haven't watched it since about 3/4 of the way through the first season.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Some of us still watch. This season is better than last year, but the damage has been done. Throw in the whole SureshFly thing, and it's not a shock many viewers are tired of it.

As soon as it got popular, it lost its guts and creativity.

This is a shame. I'm a fan of Loeb.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Show has turned into complete garbage, so fuck them.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Happily, Hayden Panettiere shows every sign of being able to step into the void created by the temporary retirements/abdications of Britney, Lindsay and Paris.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

God bless you Starman.

God. Bless. You.

She is smokin. Of course I feel a bit skeevy having remembred her from Ally McBeal AND Remember the Titans, but, you know, I'm over it! :D

8. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Starman just gave BYH eight seconds of sheer enjoyment.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm OK with that feeling.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now there's a distasteful thought.

I think that getting rid of Loeb makes it even less likely that things will get any better.

11. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I still like the show, but if it's going over budget like that, then NBC doing everything to kill the show by season's end, if that long.

12. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Like many shows like this (24 being the big exception), it's really hard to have a superb follow up year. Season 1 was good, and you follow the story. But I suddenly lost interest when at the end of the last episode of season 1, we see Hiro in what appeared to be medevial times.
    Easy to have a good serial concept and do a good first year on that concept but then then next season is a dissapointment because the initial concept is used.

That and the fact that suddenly Season 2 started, seemed to pause forever and restarted again. And I never knew when it was on.

Draft saved Draft deleted