1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HEROES: Episode 2, Season 2: SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think they need someone with a really dangerous, out-of-control power for the story line, though.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes. I meant Peter. Sorry.

3. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I think the twins are really boring. The story line is lame, her power is stupid/corny, and his is weak.

I'm trying to figure out why they are wasting so much time on them. Maybe the brother dies but not before his power is either absorbed (Peter) or eaten (Sylar) and the sister is loose in a major city killing everyone. The fate of the world rests on Syler (or Peter). Or maybe Hiro has to take Peter back in time so he can absorb the brother's power.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not liking that storyline, either, but I trust the writers on this show that there will be a payoff.

I did find myself getting sick of reading subtitles last night.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I get those preview e-mails from the show, the ones that act like it's a real e-mail from a character. i looked through one today and it talked about the twins representing a mayan prophecy about the end of the world, which is how they relate to this season. obviously last year, the older heroes, like mrs petrelli and linderman, had some apocalyptic ideas.

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

The wonder twins blow. Really, I couldn't care less about their storyline.

On the other hand, I'm awaiting the arrival of the former Veronica Mars. She's tasty.

I still don't think Peter can be the bad guy. But man, that would be pretty awesome if that's what happened. Takes everything you learned last year and turns it upside down.

7. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

If so, my idea might just be the plotline. Her talent, especially if enhanced in some way, could be an unstoppable plague ... sounds apocalyptic to me. Something has to happen to the brother, which means they need to come up with a cure via some other means. Either Peter/Sylar absorb his ability, or they use Claire's DNA, or something.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

They set up the wonder twins last night. she's the new little girl, the one who has the ability to kill the new bad guy or possibly sylar.
    Still stupid to be devoting that much time to something that will take roughly 20 more episodes to get to

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

First time I had ever seen the show. I think they need to have more story lines and more subtitles.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ugh. We already had a "good" character turning out to be the cause of the much talked about disaster due to out-of-control powers. I hope they aren't going to go back to such a similar storyline.

FuerteJ, I can't say I care for Peter becoming a bad guy. I can see him being pushed by circumstances into doing a bad thing and then being torn up about it. It goes back to the Spider-Man comparisons (Peter Parker - Peter Petrelli). The powers are obviously very different, but the characters are so much alike. Brave and selfless, possibly to a fault. Tying to do the right thing, but often screwing it up. Even when things start to go well, sooner or later, life will shit on him again. And if he does begin to give into his darker impulses, he will regret it (the example being Simone getting killed during his fight with Isaac).

There are plenty of concepts and story ideas being stolen from comic books here, particularly X-Men (Days of Future Past, Legacy virus), which is fine because it is a fresh take on those things.

11. Frylock

Frylock Member

My DVR also clipped off early. What did Claire pick up after she did the regrowth thing, caught her friend from school watching and ran outside?

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

:)

dools, if you saw *anything* last night that you enjoyed, hie thee to your nearest video store and rent the first season DVDs. Well worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted