1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes (10/29)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I can definitely see a heel turn for Claire coming up. The trust issues between her and her dad come to a head, and maybe she and West kill him.

I was rather enjoying the story of Hiro living and teaching his hero Kensei, and the relationship they had developed. It's kind of sad they blew that up, but also should have plenty of repercussions. Although...if they had major repercussions, wouldn't they have shown up already? Like the scrolls in the sword? I mean, if Hiro changed something 300-plus years ago, then it already happened and the changes in our time would be instantaneous, right?
    Time travel makes my head hurt.

Overall, thought it was a good episode. Not a lot of slam-bang action, but a lot of plot and character development. The last 10 or 15 minutes were really good.

2. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I thought this was a great episode. I'm not as bothered by the abundance of storylines as most people, especially since they're now starting to come together.

The scene where the potential catastrophe (93% of the world's population dead) was revealed made me think that Sylar and Maya are mostly red herrings this season. Her ability can't affect 93% of the population easily -- at most, it can affect the people right around her. My guess is that while we're overly focused on Sylar/Maya, the real menace is The Company, which inadvertently creates a virus that kills off most of the world. Maybe Maya or Maya's ability is somehow involved in that, but I think it's a smaller role than we now think.

I loved the Hiro plot twist this week. Very in-character and it will be interesting to see the repercussions of it.

Anyone else wonder if "Kensei" is not the real Kensei after all? Maybe he has more powers than he's letting on, and he's someone from the future who is coming to screw up the past?

I agree that West and Claire are taking a dark turn. Claire just ruined a girl's high school career in order to help herself get on the squad so she can hide her relationship. This is a fairly obvious first step down a bad path.

One thing I thought was interesting is that the moral line between HRG/Suresh/Haitian and The Company is not very bright. Both believe the end justifies the means. Both are willing to hurt others to achieve their goals.

Niki's character is definitely more interesting this season. I think this isn't really Niki, it's "Jessica" and the Company has found a way to destroy the Niki personality and make "Jessica" dominant. Which is why "Jessica" is very grateful to the Company. I suspect that Micah will be in danger and ultimately Jessica will turn on the Company to save/help him.

I was also glad that they left the New Orleans girl on her own. I suspect that she is going to don a costume and fight evil in New Orleans in an old-fashioned superhero(ine) way that inspires the city. Ned's statement to her when he gave her the ipod seemed to foreshadow this.

3. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

As a side note, who is "Adam Monroe"? His name is on a folder that Ned is carrying, and then Peter sees a note from "Adam" about the Company. Maybe he's the carrier of the supervirus.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure The Company is the source of the virus. I'm thinking the danger has something to do with Hiro's trip into the past. One of the paintings Bennett found had a picture of what could have easily been Hiro fighting Kensei.

5. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

One thing I don't understand about that, though. Once Hiro wakes up, why can't he just blink back in time and stop himself from kissing her? Or is the idea that they keep him unconscious somehow, so Peter Petrelli has to do it?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Shit like that is exactly why time travel stories suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted