1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heroes (10/29)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This sets up the rest of the season nicely. :D

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Damn you Good Doctor. I look forward to making this thread each week. Yes, that says a lot about my life.

Seriously, though, I'm kidding.

And yes, I liked this episode. It didn't have the "action" I was expecting, but it definitely started tying things together a lot better.

Is it me, or was Peter in Gabriel's clock shop at the end of the episode, before he jumped to the future? And who is Adam? I don't recall an Adam Monroe from any of the previous episodes, unless he was a bit character last year whom Sylar killed.

I'm also nearly positive now that West is who killed Hiro's father.

I'm really, really interested in seeing how Hiro's kiss interrupted and messed up the space time/continuum. I think that could play out splendidly for the rest of year, seeing how what one kiss can do to where all of the other characters are.

And Hallelujah for them putting the NOLA girl back in NOLA. I like letting them develop her in town.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Who would have thought Ned Ryerson would develop a heart? Actually, it likely was part of some grand scheme. But I digress ...

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Oh, there's no doubt that it's part of some grand scheme. But I'll take it for now.

EDIT: Wait, did I miss something? Who is Ned Ryserson? Is that the bald dude with glasses who can turn things into gold?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree he is scheming, too....but I'm wondering if he's going to be developed as more of a gray-area character than a bad guy.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Like Claire's dad last year?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Too much Sylar with the useless brother and sister.

Too much One Tree Hill with the high school kids.

Everything else was excellent.

God, Suresh is dumb. And now he's screwed. I do like that Niki's loyalties are in question.

So is Hiro, on both counts.

Loved the stuff with Mr. Bennett, still interested in the other plots, for the most part.

The preview for next week . . . . . . they seem to be going to the "New York, everyone DIES!!!!" well again a little too soon.

The paintings predicting the future, and the ability to travel into the future and past and change history, were intriguing plot elements last season. Now, they're in danger of becoming stale.

Six episodes in, and it hasn't yet really defined where it's going this year. (Which is a nice way of saying it hasn't been compelling television, as it was last year). Having this many characters means they need to spend some time figuring out and showing where everyone is.

In two weeks comes the episode where they explain what happened between last season's finale and this season's opener. But that isn't nearly as interesting a story as filling in the blanks of what in the world Sulu and friends were doing 30 years ago. Yet I haven't seen any casting news of "Young Hiro's Dad," "Young Mrs. Petrelli," etc.

I hope they get to that story with more than just snippets of dialogue, and soon.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This time it's not just New York, though. It's 93 percent of the population. That they showed New York is logical, since Peter is from there.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

this episode was shrug worthy.
    and at some point, hiro is going to realize he's his own great, great, great, great grandpa, sort of like Frye was his own grandfather in Futurama and that's where all the powers come from.
    And it isn't a coincidence that flying boy lives in the same town as Claire. He's the bad guy this time around.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To a point, but possibly with different motivations. I just don't think he is a completely evil character. Just one that is willing to be ruthless.

Oh, and that sure seemed like Nikki's bad half was back tonight, didn't it?

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

BING!

12. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Watch out for that step...it's a doooozy!

Draft saved Draft deleted