1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HEROES: 10/22 Episode SPOILERS APLENTY

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Oct 22, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's what Season I on DVD is for.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That's the thing . . . .as more people hear about the show and check it out, the producers will continue the stunt casting in an effort to keep that elusive "buzz!" alive.

No, I don't care for Kristen Bell showing up. But at least that solved the mystery of where Peter learned to shoot lightning bolts.

3. outofplace

She's not a one-and-done character, though. I thought she was going to be a permanent part of the show.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I don't think they do many one-and-done characters. Well see Uhura again.

Heroes may get to that A Few Good Men/Saving Private Ryan point, where it's so chock full of "names" that it's no longer an engaging show with characters whose actions are interesting even though they shock exactly none of us who have read comic books.

Instead, it would just be a bunch of famous pretty faces saying lines.

Haven't said it yet, but whoever said on last week's thread that West is the killer, I hope that's right.

5. outofplace

Piotr, they definitely aren't done with Uhura.

You do have a point about the casting. I didn't mind Kristin Bell. I think the real stunt casting is the use of the Star Trek actors and the appearance of Stan Lee. Just didn't seem right.

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I like me some Kristen Bell, so I really don't have a problem. And she's def not a one and done character. They've been touting here since she signed on.

I could do with more Kristen Bell.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Diving in at Season 2 with no background is not recommended, definitely not for a show with this much going on.

8. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Reminded me of the episode of the X-Files where Mulder and Scully are buried and they have that "alternate reality" that they need to break out of or they die in the ground.

Draft saved Draft deleted