1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HEROES: 10/22 Episode SPOILERS APLENTY

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Oct 22, 2007.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

OK, up and down episode to me. Some really good parts; some really slow parts. I enjoy the development we're finally beginning to see with Peter. He's realizing he's a good person, and has something good to do in the world.

I really, really enjoyed the Parkman/his dad/Nathan Petrelli angle this week. His dad's powers -- yeah, it's easy to see how/why he could be the "bad man." I wonder if, in that sequence, Nathan realizes who the grossly disfigured man is - himself, and that there's a chance Peter is still alive. I also enjoyed how Nathan and Parkman were fighting each other in different worlds. Great stuff.

I like the New Orleans girl and that development, but I would have rather her be left alone, at least for now, so she could realize the good she can do in NOLA. I think that would be a great storyline until later.

I did not like Kristen Bell's character. Kind of feel like she's useless right now; I'm sure she'll develop into a great bad "guy" later on. We just didn't see enough of what she's about yet, I guess. Though I do want to know who daddy is. Is it Bennett? Is it Parkman's dad? Is it the dude in glasses who can turn things into gold? I really want to know.

I didn't think it was the strongest episode, but by the end, I was on the edge of the couch wanting to know what's going to happen next.

OK, discuss.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm as big a geek as anyone for this show, but I'm starting to see some of the complaints about the crowded cast are right. Tonight was a good example. It just seemed like they're trying to do much at once, and not having enough time to really delve into some of the other characters. I'm sure they'll get to them, but it's a little frustrating.

And it was sad to see the Irish mobster turned into a crispy critter. I kinda liked him.

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I agree with you -- and everyone else -- about the crowded cast. Which begs one question -- what happens when, later in the season, they start adding in the new characters from the side show they've planned?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The one thing about the huge cast that I like is when the stories suddenly intersect, such as Nikki's appearance, and later Mohinder showing up in N'awlins.

The part with Parkman's dad was beautifully done.

I'm sure Kristin Bell's character will be given a lot more to do, but she did serve a purpose, as did the murder she committed. It kicked Peter in the ass and sent him back down the path of the guilt-ridden hero.

I am, however, getting very sick of the subtitles.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Re: too many characters.

No Claire tonight.

But no "West," either. And we did get a glimpse of something Mr. Bennett is doing.

No Brother and sister on the run with Should-Be-Dead Last Season's Villain guy.

Yup . . . . I'd say tonight was the best episode of the season so far.

6. outofplace

Hopefully the promos aren't lying, but it looks like the action should pick up next week.

I liked the part with Parkman and Nathan fighting each other due to the illusions, though it seemed familiar. You'd be amazed how many times a sci-fi geek has read about or seen something like that.

7. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I really liked last night's episode. I also agree that I would have liked to have seen the New Orleans girl left on her own for a while, just developing into "Saint Joan" or whatever without connection to the main storyline.

I agree that there are too many story lines, but I don't mind it as much as most of you seem to. There are a lot of balls in the air but they are juggling them pretty well.

I don't like Kristen Bell's character that much, but I'm excited Peter is getting away from Ireland and back into the main story. The teaser about Sylar in the preview of next episode also made me excited to see what happens to him and the wonder twins for the first time all season.

Also, I was a little surprised by how quickly Mohinder turned Molly (who they fought to free from the Company) back into the Company. Equally surprised that Jessica went to the Company. I wonder if they might reveal this year that the Company is not as evil as we thought it was last season. I'm thinking that the Company might be like, say, Magneto (misguided and ruthless, but justified from a certain point of view) whereas the real enemy is Parkman's dad or Sylar.

8. outofplace

That's the thing. Obviously, Sylar is evil. Beyond that, I think everybody has some good and some bad in them, with the amounts differing in each one. That's the fun here, the complexities of the characters.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

The main complaint about the company, it seems, is that they treat the empowered folk like test subjects. Sure, they do some good, but as is alluded to in the previews, they want Mohinder to experiment with the virus. They're not evil, like Syler or Maury, at the company, just ruthless.

My guess is Kristen Bell is Bob's "daughter."

The great power comes with great responsibility angle with Peter is tired from a comic book fan's perspective, but it makes for good (and necessary quick) character development on a show like this.

10. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Remind me who "Bob" is again?

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Bald guy who "runs" the company.

12. Why did I start watching this show this season? I don't really enjoy it, it confuses the hell out of me, but I can't turn it off. Damnit.

Draft saved Draft deleted