1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HEROES: 10/15 Episode SPOILERS APLENTY

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Oct 16, 2007.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Discuss.

OK, I'll start.

I'm undecided if I like the plot line that puts Sylar together with weird black tears crying girl. I can see where this will go, with him killing her and taking her diablo power and using it. Part of me really likes it and part of me doesn't.

I like the NOLA girl, and am interested in seeing what she turns into. A major character who goes on a search, or a crime-fighting teenager who uses her powers for overall good.

The fact that the police officer's father is the "bad guy" really is cool. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Overall, I liked the episode. It had it's dull moments, but it was definitely enjoyable.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks, FuerteJ. I was looking if somebody started a thread before I started one myself.

I did like the ending of the episode. Poor Parkman just can't stop screwing up.

I don't think Parkman's dad killed Nakamura, though I'm pretty sure that was somebody else under that hood.

I was very surprised to see an episode without Hiro or Peter.

And we definitely are not seeing enough of Ali Larter.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I wish Sylar would just kill the wonder twins. Talk about lame-ass powers. I'm thinking the writers have noticed the negative reaction to the two, so they sent Sylar to kill them off. I'm not sure I want to Sylar trying to cry to kill people, though.

I also wasn't a fan of how they left off last week with Sylar deep in the jungle with no civilzation for apparently hundreds of miles and then skip this week to him passed out on a road and the only explanation is "I've been walking for days." What was the point of him even being put in such a remote location if it wasn't going to matter the next week? My only theory is that his lack of powers has something to do with that location and the farther away he gets, his powers return.

I think they're getting a few too many characters going now. We didn't see Hiro or Peter (arguably the two best characters on the show) at all this week and the other characters are being developed pretty shallowly (what do we know about the wonder twins except they are twins, one speaks english, when she cries, people die, and the brother can reverse the power?).

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

While she's nice eye candy, her powers and character kind of suck anyway. With so many characters on the show now, I can do without her (as long as we keep getting plenty of Ms. Panettiere).

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I kind of like the way they're setting up the Parkman father-son battle. Both telepaths, and obviously Parkman will have to learn to expand his power to stop daddy. Gives his character room to grow, and maybe this helps turn him into the asshole we saw in the five-year forward story.

The NOLA character has potential, but one little thing bugged the shit out of me. When they showed her first scene, and she said "There's a lot of people in this COUNTY who would like to have a job." Louisiana does NOT have counties, they have parishes. The creators were able to get Japanese dialogue right, but they can't get that right? Why not just have every New Orleans person talk with a cajun french accent in the next episode.

And how did Sylar get from the mountaintop to the middle of a dirt road in Mexico? WTF!?

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

See, maybe I heard her wrong. I thought she said country, not county. But you'd be correct, La., has parishes. also, the accents from NOLA are horrendous. No one speaks with that twang here. I did like the name of the fast food restaurant, though. Burger Bonanza. Awesome. I'm going to start looking for one today.

I meant to bring up the Sylar in the middle of nowhere thing earlier. I hated how he just randomly appeared back in sort of civilization.

I want to know what Parkman's dad's power is, if he can see the little girl as she's searching for him, but no one else can see her when she's searching. And maybe Parkman gets all negative and dickheadish after his battle royale with his dad because his dad kills the little girl, whom we all know he said he's always protect.

7. outofplace

Agreed on Sylar. That was way too easy. They develop some things in this show so slowly, show so much patience, and then they just drop him right back into the story? And conveniently in the path of two people with powers? Weak.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

There were two plotlines this season that when they came on, it was time for a bathroom break, snack break, or just a quick surf of SportsJournalists.com.

The twins and Sylar (because, um, he should be dead, and a new villain created).

Now they have combined their plotlines, with a plot twist that would stretch the credibility of any show. But still, that cut the "whay are we here?" segments per show in half.

Excellent work by the writers.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How can the one joined-at-the-hip twin speak English and the other can't?

Also, are these powers hereditary? Does Parkman have the same power as his father?

If so, how does Claire have a different power from her father and what does it mean that West can fly?

10. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I don't think they're hereditary. I think a character like West and Kensei were meant to show that the group we met last year aren't alone in having powers. What is hereditary, it seems, is that if your parents have/had a power, then you would get something. That's my take.

11. outofplace

Agreed. And who is to say Parkman's dad has the same power? Perhaps his works differently.

Plus, we are thinking genetics a lot here. Perhaps there is more going on that.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dude, i loved the episode

i even like the twins

seriously, there are probably dominant traits and ones that aren't. i've seen kids from two parents and one has red hair and the other black. is it so hard to believe that one parent fly, his son can fly but his daughter can't?

i'm absolutely in love with the show and can skip over things about how sylar just happens to run across the twins -- because him trying to figure out what to do with these two -- and even if he can still take their powers -- is pretty interesting to me. remember, he killed the illusions chick and couldn't get her powers. he's going to see these two and know how great that power can be, but he doesn't want to fuck it up and kill them without being able to take their powers.

think about it, matt and the others are all gonna be concentrating on daddy parkman and all that storyline, while fuck, here comes sylar back. and also, once nathan sees sylar, he'll know peter can come back

i'm not a big fan of larter's character, her power's kinda weak if you ask me, but i don't mind looking at her.

and i love the hiro character and story (seriously, it's right up my alley) but i didn't miss either of them in that episode.

i like all the story lines, it keeps it fresh

Draft saved Draft deleted