1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herm the fraud passes the buck again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in the Fraudulent Buck-Passing Department,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3177253

Mental Midget Millen and Meat Sauce Marinelli launch Mike Martz.

Who, let it be said, utterly and unconditionally deserved to be fired, for his infantile hissy-fit play-calling, and for building the entire offense around a nondescript sub-mediocre quarterback.

Who will replace Martz? Another actually sought-after offensive coordinator? Someone who might actually be hired by some other team on merit and track record? Of course not, they're going to semi-promote two has-been washout position coaches, Jim Colletto and Kippy Brown, to "share" OC duties.

Of course, the dynamic Tampa-2 defense masterminded by Rock Pounder Marinelli and his son-in-law, Jon Barry, finished 32nd in the league. Thirty-Second, as in LAST.

Although, to be completely fair, a lot of that was indeed due to the dynamic offense run by Martz and Kitna, the all-time NFL leader in stupid turnovers deep in your own territory, and also of the 20-second 3-and-out possession.

Did Martz deserve to be fired? Of course he did. But so does Barry, and so does Marinelli, and so does Millen.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so he's not a fraud, but a liar? nice.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And an outer. Let's not forget that.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When did you see whitlocks belly button? I would have figured him for an "inny"

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't need the ole finger down the throat to throw up now.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

ugh...sadly, I had a similar thought before I realized what dooley was talking about.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Herm is who I say he is[/whitlock]

8. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

Jets fans will wakeup in the middle of the night from the nightmare of Herm's lack of clock management, playing not to lose during the end of regulation and overtime in the 2004 AFC semifinal against the Steelers. Ironically enough, the only reason New York got out of the first round was because it was the beneficiary of Martyball.
    Herm and Martyball are to football what Gene Mauch is to baseball.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Harley-

I'm completely with you on the Carl must go wagon, but some of the points you make aren't quite right. The LJ/Richardson ones, I'm with you, though.

*On Dante Hall:
    - His punt return avg & TDs by season w/ Chiefs
    - 2002: 13.4 yards, 2 TDs
    - 2003: 16.3, 2
    - 2004: 10.1, 0
    - 2005: 6.6, 0
    - 2006: 8.9, 1
    - Kick return avg & TDs by season w/ Chiefs
    - 2002: 23.8 yds, 1 TD
    - 2003: 25.9, 2
    - 2004: 25.3, 2
    - 2005: 24.0, 1
    - 2006: 22.3, 0
    It clearly shows Hall was in decline, and the Chiefs got a steal in getting a fifth rounder for him. As for replacing Hall, Justin Phinisee should have been the pick after a great preseason.

* On Gonzalez: he had 99 receptions (2nd best of his career) for 1172 yards (3rd best).

* On Bowe: he did have 70 catches for 995 yds and 5 TDs. All were tops for rookie receivers, so I don't fault them much there. He just lacked a complementary receiver, which I do blame Carl for.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Clean the house.

Carl
    Herm
    every damn one of them.

I am telling you......the next head coach of that team is the O.C. for the Patriots.......if Parcells doesn't get him first.

There is no logical explanation for bringing back Herm or Carl.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Harley, you're on the right track but the wrong train. Yes, it is Sgt. Peterson's fault. But you do know Tony G was among the league leaders in receptions and Bowe led all rookie WRs in every category?

Dante Hall and T-Rich were past their primes, but not keeping T-Rich is far more puzzling. Hall's 60-yards-running-but-gained-just-two dashes were getting tiresome. The thing that sucked was they signed Eddie Fucking Drummond, who may have had the worst season in NFL history for a kick returner. Guy was beyond awful.

What you need to look at with Sgt. Peterson is the drafts. I think I heard something like nobody the Chiefs drafted in 2001, 2002 are with the team, and just one from the 2003 draft. Look at the goofballs Peterson has drafted. Trezelle Jenkins. Ryan Fucking Sims. My gawd, how can you fuck up so badly?

And as far as I'm concerned, the drafting of Justin Medlock is firable, especially when the Chiefs could have had Mason Crosby.

Herm is far from the problem. The Chiefs have slowly deteriorated since the 13-3 team of 2003. That team, as talented on offense as it was, was getting old. Sgt. Peterson's answer is to get younger old guys instead of drafting and developing. It's beyond pathetic that Peterson has never tried to develop a QB (Croyle is Herm's guy, not Peterson's).

And if you think about it, go even deeper and look at Clark Hunt. What's he doing? Sitting on the deck of his beachfront mansion in the Fiji Islands, sipping martinis and swimming in his pool of money that Sgt. Peterson is making for him. But Clark isn't going to be too happy next year when the Chiefs go 4-12 again and Arrowhead averages 45,000 fans a game, if not less.

Chiefs fans are starting to (finally) wise up. We've seen this shit for 20 years from Sgt. Peterson. It was great for about nine years and has sucked since. Get a veteran team, hope it can contend for a playoff spot, pray they come through in January.

Wait until the season finale next year at Arrowhead when the Chiefs are 4-11 and playing the 49ers or someone like that. 20 degrees and windy and snowing. 10,000 fans will show up.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

king - how do you know so much about a bunchafuckinlosers?

Draft saved Draft deleted