1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herm the fraud passes the buck again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 2, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

C. BTE's shameless shilling for the almighy, all-powerful, omnipotent SEC.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Blame. The. GM.

It's that easy.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'll take BYH. There's a greater level of humor.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

BYH does it with a large dose of sarcasm.
    Starman simply spews his usual venom.

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I called Paul Mr. "run-run-pass"

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The biggest problem in Kansas City isn't even Herm the Germ. It's Carl fucking Peterson.

This bunch of misfits managed to:

* Trade the best kick/punt returner in team history. They went on to struggle at that position all season.
    * Let go the best fullback the team has had maybe ever. They went on to struggle at that position all season. Said FB, meanwhile, is going to the Pro Bowl.
    * Re-signed Larry the cancer Johnson to a huge multi-year deal, then watching him sit on his ass all season collecting the rewards. They went on to struggle at that position almost all season.
    * Had the best rookie wide receiver in the NFL and almost never threw to him.
    * Still have the best tight end the NFL has ever seen and almost never threw to him.
    * Ran endless screen passes and handoffs on third-and-long, almost never allowing the rookie QB with the cannon arm throw the ball downfield. They obviously struggled with the entire offense all season, setting a team record for offensive futility.

Did I mention it's not Herm's and Carl's fault?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Paul Can't Hackett's offense: Two yard run, a run for no-gain, four yard pass on third down and punt away.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hackett - the offensive coordinator who does not want his team to run plays from scrimmage. The ideal game for Hackett - on every play run down play clock to about .002 then run a draw play. End up running about 40 offensive plays from scrimmage and win 7-6 .

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

He should fit in well with Herm fucking Edwards. That's exactly what Solari called all season.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Loud talk my aunt Mae..?

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Clearly, Solari aced his masters courses in Paul Hackett Playcalling.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You can rip Whitlock for a lot, but he's right about giving Herm four years. Come on, people. Everybody knew the Chiefs were in for a big plunge. Aside from Gonzalez, they've got nothing to work with if LJ's hurt.

If it were me, here's what I'd do:

Draft Jake Long with the fifth pick

Hire Bill Callahan as your OC (much better choice than Hackett and he's available)

Trade LJ to the Bears for Lance Briggs and Bernard Berrian (the Bears would bite; they're idiots and my favorite team) That way you've got an LB to flank Derrick Johnson and your slot receiver for the next three years and you dump LJ.

Turn the starting job over to Smith, and sign a decent rook in the third round or something.

Stay with Croyle.

Draft saved Draft deleted