1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herm Edwards: Still a liar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If you didn't know football coaches lie, then you've never ever covered a football team.

Those mother fuckers only tell the truth about 45 percent of the time.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Again: I don't EXPECT a football coach to tell the truth. Just be honest about it. (Ironic, right?)

Herm paints himself as the noblest man to ever grace a sideline, when the truth is he'd throw his mom under the bus just like everyone else.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

No. 1 stunna?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ha.... Still, that column worked remarkably well. The "rebound/booty call" and "backup QB" analogy is a really good one, and he didn't torture it to the point of bad. That's a really good column.

One disagreement. I can't imagine Herm made a calculated decision to see how Huard would handle the pressure of being a starter as opposed to a fill-in. Coaches are usually trying to take pressure off their players, not lay it on. But who knows?

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm sure this comment to end the column will rile up BYH.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I hope Whitlock wiped his chin after servicing Herm...AGAIN!

BYH in 100% correct ... Herm Edwards is one of the most disingenuous frauds ever to walk a sideline.

8. lol....spnited, such an angry man.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not angry at all Jason... Herm is full of shit and so are you...that's all

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

the most awful part of the entire "booty call," gangsta-driven style of jason's column is that the folks who speak this language -- see: aged 18-35 -- don't read newspapers. that would be why, if i was the editor of this column, i would have told jason to take another crack at it.

i'm a fan of jason's stuff, for the most part. not this one, though. not because of the stance he took. just the home-boy style he used to do it.
    '

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm sensing Scoop envy

Draft saved Draft deleted