1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herm Edwards: Still a liar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 7, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

After promising Trent Green will get his job back for weeks, he's now waffling.

Most times, of course, this would be perfectly understandable: Who could imagine Damon freakin Huard would play like an All-Pro and lift a flawed team into playoff contention?

But it's Herm, and he's a liar. It's pretty easy Herm: Considering your starting QB was nearly killed in week one, you can avoid a lot of crap by saying "We'll re-assess the situation when Trent is cleared to play." Everyone understands you don't mess with a good thing, especially in the unpredictable NFL. Then you'd have nothing to worry about.

But no, Herm's a liar. So now he has a full-fledged QB controversy on his hands.

Hey whitlock, when you get a chance, in between patting yourself on the back with your pimp hand for your ESPN comments, top 26 and your AOL column, can you clean the corners on this one? Thanks.

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

What's the backstory with your animosity with Herm? Are you the one who also hates Dusty Baker and A-Rod?

Not judging; I can't stand a lot of people, too. Just curious is all.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I stay on the record as one of the few people who actually likes Herm. Players like playing for him, and that says a lot in the NFL. After they shit the bed in their opener, there was a thread on here immediately calling Herm a fraud and calling for his head (led by Whitlock?) and now it is eight weeks later, and all KC has done is take care of business--with a "he's still in the league?" second-string QB leading them.

Yet Herm is still a liar and a fraud, according to many of you. I know. I know. His clock management sucks and he is a conservative play caller. But this is not so arguably one of the best 10 teams in the NFL right now, holding its own and staying in contention in a division with two of the top five teams in the league.

At what point do you suck up your animosity and give the guy some credit?

EDIT: I wasn't there, but I saw video of Larry Johnson doing a Herm impersonation for the media last week. Did anyone else see it? He nailed it.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

For the record, I'm the one who hates Dusty Baker.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You play. To win. The game!!!!!!

6. XXXX

XXXX Member

wow... a coach lies? byh,how do u feel about belicheck? c'mon herm is a good coach, and he is in the running for coach of the year. should vermeil have brought trent green back when he got hurt in 1999 and taken warner out? or how about brady replacing bledsoe? hey sorry trent green shit happens, twice to you but still...

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hey, you're not the only one with a loathing for Johnny B.

8. BYH hates everyone.

It stems from his birth defect. You see like most men BYH was born with two testicles but one of them hangs from his left earlobe.

I thought it was a small goiter when I met him

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

It would be lying if Herm said Green would get the job back when he was planning all along to stick with Huard. That's not what happened. Huard played surprisingly well, and now Herm's not so sure he wants to sit him down. That's not lying. That's called changing your mind.

By the way, if Herm stuck to his original plan and gave the job back to Green no matter what, BYH would undoubtedly rip him for being stupid, not dishonest.

10. led by whitlock? .... i criticized a couple of early season mistakes by herm and his staff... but i've been safely in the herm camp all along... herm is doing the damn thang right now. he's my best earner right now. thus proving that the new yorkers didn't know when to give herm the back of the hand and when to love him up. herm is flourishing under my direction. let me know if y'all need help with coughlin or mangini.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Herm might be a liar, but he's 5-2 with DAMON HUARD as his QB. He must be doing something right, lying or not.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

There's no airs with Belichick. He'd sell out his own mom to win a game. You are completely worthless to him aside from your ability to help him win football games. At least he's honest about it. Kind of noble, in a sick, twisted way.

Herm is so full of shit it's coming out his ears. He throws people under the bus with a smile on his face and a comment about how honest and pure he is. He's not. And, again, since his QB was nearly decapitated in week one, he had absolutely nothing to lose by saying he'd re-evaluate the situation when Trent Green was cleared to play. Stranger things have happened than Damon Huard playing well over an extended period of time.

But no, to say that would require real live honesty and Herm can't do that. So now he's going to throw Green under the bus. Liar liar.

(Oh and Chris is right about my "goiter")

Draft saved Draft deleted