1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's your economic recovery...McDouble, please.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey, I like McDoubles. With extra onions.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Which burger serves as the dividing line between when McDonald's gives you freeze-dried onions (hamburger) and real onions (Quarter Pounder)?

Is it at the McDouble? Double Cheese? Big and Tasty? McRib?

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

As long as the Koch Brothers isn't serving my McDouble, it'll be a $1 well spent.

They epitomize ruthless financial evil straight from their old man. At least the oldest one (who got cut out of the will and did his own thing) didn't follow suit.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A few of you invoke this on here like a mantra.

The issue is not wealth in a vacuum.

It is the wealth gap.

That is the relevant factor. It is a potential reason why, for example, our impoverished are supposedly so well off compared to those in other countries, and yet our incarceration rates are through the roof.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I understand that fully well. Wealth gaps lead to social unrest and frustration regardless of objective standards. But I still think it's worth keeping perspective.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Our incarceration rates are "through the roof" due to our drug laws. Not due to a wealth gap.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Actually, the drug dealers are some of the best employed in America.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's all garbage, but the McDouble only lacks a middle flat bun, special sauce and lettuce (sorry) from being a Big Mac, which is almost $2 more expensive.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Crazy. I have an idea--let's strip collective bargaining powers from the middle class. And extend tax breaks for the wealthy.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

You're hired elected!

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://americansforprosperity.org/national-site

12. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Are you close to retirement and in a bond-focused or "fixed income" mutual fund? Because if you have much exposure to the stock market, no matter in what fashion, you should absolutely, positively have seen very significant gains in the last six months.

I will grant you, regardless, that post-2000, the fixed-income/municipal-bond mutual funds have comparable or better RORs than prety much all stock-focused funds, across companies, sectors and borders. But, those are quite modest returns by historical perspectives.

Draft saved Draft deleted