1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's what the G in Kenny G stands for ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Ugh. Brings back all the wrong memories of my brief stint as a DJ at a smooth jazz radio station.

I'd rather listen to my own asshole.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You played Wayman Tisdale, didn't you? Come clean ...

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm sure he's a fine golfer, but are you trying to get us to believe it's difficult to get an interview with Kenny G? Is it tough to get through all the paparazzi? :)

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Groupies

5. boots

boots New Member

Kenny G is actually a pretty interesting guy. He has a degree in dentistry and is scratch golfer. That's not to mention that he blows a nice sax.
    I have never understood why people dislike him or his music. I think he's pretty cool.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

No. Because of the slowdown in the music business, it's a matter of the guy scheduling himself with gigs aplenty. He's either got a studio session or a gig somewhere. On top of that, he lives in Malibu -- a two-hour drive (in traffic) from the course.

Plus, he wanted to do as much press during that window as he could.

Worked out well for all parties, even the flack who caddied 18 in dress shoes. ;D

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What does a Tipper do? [/Karnac]

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It's because all he does is play scales. If he were at least creative in what he did, I could respect him.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Well, bird, I would probably take his short game after the round today. I hit 12 fairways and 14 greens. Still was 10-over par.

Don't ask.

10. boots

boots New Member

He is creative. He's a fundamental player and he's very good in that department. Many great sax players aren't as fundamentally sound.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Outing alert; Kaylee is really Sam Perkins.

12. While you're out buying Alpha-Bits, stop at a music store and pick up a John Zorn CD.

Draft saved Draft deleted